PDA

View Full Version : I watched a video a month ago and now it has become unavailable on the web, but isn't there a way to retrieve it from my PC files somehow

nightcrawler
08-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi,

I am a newbie here and I am trying to figure out if there is a way for me to find a video on my own PC?

I watched a video a month ago and now it has become unavailable on the web, but isn't there a way to retrieve it from my PC files somehow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :)

I have Vista.

Thanks!

Tom Mayes
08-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi,

When you watched the video did you actually download the file / save the file data to your hard drive? Or, did you just watch the video stream? If you just watched the stream without using a program to save the file data, then there would be nothing saved to your hard drive. You would then need to loacte the video ( if possible ) and use a stream capture program like Replay Media Catcher, Replay A/V or WM Recorder to capture that file data. Then it will be saved to your hard drive, to a specific Folder that you designate.

Regards,

Tom Mayes

nightcrawler
08-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Hi and thanks for responding.

No I didn't save it or DL it to my HD. I just thought there was a way to go into the tmp files and find it?

I thougth I read that somewhere.:confused:

stream-recorder.com
09-08-2009, 03:24 AM
You can get some videos from the cache of your web-browser, if they were fully cached.
Please note that only HTTP streams are cached by a web-browser.