PDA

View Full Version : Timed recording of live stream

Grog
03-25-2010, 05:18 AM
:rolleyes:

I have found no information about setting times for recording from live streaming media. My reason for recording the stream is that I cannot be physically present when it is streaming. Does this software facilitate capturing a live stream at a particular time. For example, sites like justin.tv or channelsurfing.net occasionally play live sporting events or http://sumo.goo.ne.jp/eng/hon_basho/torikumi/eizo_haishin/eizo1.html broadcasts sumo basho, but in the middle of the night where I am.

The question is [questions are] (1) can this software capture streams that start at a time when the user is not present to provide input, (2) if so, how does one set it up, and (3) is it necessary to dig out the underlying media link to do so.

:confused:

Cheryl Wester
03-26-2010, 05:13 PM
There are some sites that will not stream capture. For these sites you need to use a screen capture program. We have Replay Video Capture for that. Unfortunately, when using that you are not able to schedule. If you can get a good URL then you would use Replay AV. It does record for you on a schedule.