PDA

View Full Version : No Recording Volume

ritzter13
03-20-2010, 07:38 AM
I have two computers. My Dell Dimension 521 runs XP-SP3. My home built machine runs Win7 Pro-64 bit with all the latest updates. I have been using Applian software for over a year now. On Mr1310, I recorded a show, using the home built computer, from Hulu and everything worked fine. As of Mr1910, I have no recording volume. When I run the audio setup/test, I hear the bubbling sound through my speakers but it doesn't register in the volume meters. The test results says that "recording from an internal source not available or could not be detected". I have the audio input set for "Wave Out". This problem is occuring on both computers (2 different OS's and sound cards). I have installed version 4.2-03.01.10 on the WIn 7. The Dell still has version 4.1-09.27.09 installed. Being that this is happening on both machines/systems, I have to think there is an issue internally with RVC software. Has anyone else expreienced this problem?

Dell Dimension 521

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800
Ram: 4 GB
Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Titanium SB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Home Built Machine

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3200 MHz Deneb
Motherboard: ASUS M4N82 Deluxe
Ram: 4x 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM-DDR2 800 - TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX
Soundcard: Omega Striker 7.1
Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 260 Core 216

stream-recorder.com
03-20-2010, 07:46 AM
Have you tried to record using Universal Audio Driver (see the Settings)?

ritzter13
03-20-2010, 07:54 AM
Yes. In Win 7, RVC gives a message that "That this option requires the Firefox browser when recording from a web page. It also says to disable Windows Sounds." Sounds are disbaled on both systems. I never had to use the universal driver...ever. I usually record from IE-8 or G-Chrome. This issue just happened in the last couple days.

Cheryl Wester
03-20-2010, 08:29 AM
windows 7 and your other are different so that is why you are having the issue. Another suggestion is to open up the audio settings and use Vista. Even though it says Vista it does work with Windows 7 and that is what I use.

ritzter13
03-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Hi Cheryl. I realize that Win 7 and XP are totally different. I do have the Win 7 machine set for Vista. It still won't acknowledge the recording volume in the meter. Like I said, this glitch just started this week. Everything was okay before March 14,2010. I have double checked all the settings per the help/audio topics and still nothing. Could a release of updates by MS have caused this? The only updates in the last week are for security. This still doesn't explain why RVCap won't work in XP.

stream-recorder.com
03-20-2010, 11:06 AM
If it was working fine, just try to re-install the program.

ritzter13
03-20-2010, 02:30 PM
If it was working fine, just try to re-install the program.

I will try my third uninstall/reinstall but I think the point is being missed here. RVC worked 1 week ago and now there is no internal recording source available. How does this disappear by itself on two different computers/systems. Over all I have been very satisfied with RVC.

ritzter13
03-20-2010, 05:47 PM
I have completed the third unistall/install on both systems and...still no recording volume. This really sucks!

stream-recorder.com
03-20-2010, 11:31 PM
Just try to use the Universal Audio Driver then.

lockycol
03-21-2010, 12:00 PM
I have the same "no audio" problem, after making maybe 20 perfect recordings.
This problem began, on my XP computer, between February 24, 2010 and March 10, 2010.
Interestingly, windows System Restore will not go back to February on this computer (it will on my other one), so I can't restore to before Feb 24.
Is this the most efficient way to contact applian support?

stream-recorder.com
03-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Is this the most efficient way to contact applian support?
Here you can get help from Applian support as well as the community.

You can also submit a support ticket. For Replay Video Capture you can do it at http://www.applian.com/help/index.php?pid=newticket&user=&department=48

See the following for more:
https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?t=11

lockycol
03-22-2010, 04:37 PM
For reasons unknown, a friend?? downloaded VLC media player to my computer. In it, I had to enable "Set Audio Mode to DirectX (default)" to fix my audio problem - 'sall good.
Thanks stream-recorder & Cheryl (tech support)

Greasy Gus
03-28-2010, 07:21 PM
Where does one "Set Audio Mode to DirectX (default)". I have the same problem as describe throughout the forum. If I record a file I can not hear it even though it is evidently playing. A downloaded MP3 file plays sound just fine.

Roman Korol
03-29-2010, 03:22 PM
"Cannot get the audio with Replay Video Capture; but the video comes out OK."

I've had the same problem as ritzer13 describes in the Applian Discussion Forum
https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?t=4670

In early March 2010, I recorded a documentary off a website and everything went fine (after some initial hiccups because it was my very first try).

But now, trying to record another video off the net, I'd been getting video but no sound.

I have a brand-new sound card and new speakers. My operating system is Windows XP. The audio test works fine, I get the bubbly sound and the volume meters move up and down. However, just like in nitzer13's case I got the message that

"Recording from internal source not available or could not be detected!"

After a whole lot of puttering around, I finally discovered what my problem was and want to share this solution in case others fall into the same bind.

You go into Control Panel ->Sounds and Audio Devices -> Audio

and make sure that your default device for sound recording is NOT a microphone. (Mine was, because I'd been using Skype in the meantime).

When I cleared that up, I found that I could capture video normally, video + sound. Took me 3 hrs to figure this out :-(