PDA

View Full Version : how will this work on my hybernating laptop?

Tenhouse
08-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Ok I finally bought the program and its running now. This is what's going on. I have the program running but it is on my laptop and I want to know if I can close the laptop screen and have the replay AV work while it is closed. Is this possible or do I need to keep the laptop open? Also will the program work in the back ground when the screensaver starts? And lastly can I set up multiple recordings to start at differant times? I'm thinking that once a recording is set up and goes to the recorder que that the next time I open the record wizard it allows me to start a new recording that will not affect the other recordings.

I have no patience to search the forums for these topics because there is usually too much other stuff to read through so I just ask direct questions and hope for answers. Sorry if i've annoyed anyone. Thanks for the help

Tenhouse
08-23-2008, 01:15 AM
Now i've tried to close the cover on the laptop and it does stop the recording which is a bummer. I then tried to set up a screensaver on my laptop so that I won't have to worry about burning my screen and the screensaver does not activate when it is supposed to. It does work but not when the Replay AV is recording.

This is a bad feature for me as I don't really want anyone having access to my computer when I am at work. If i leave the laptop open and turned on then everyone can do as they wish and go through my files and mess my computer and this is not cool. Is there as way for the program to work in the background and allow me to maintain security of my computer and allow my screensavers to function properly???? Please help....

craig78681
08-23-2008, 07:04 AM
Ok I finally bought the program and its running now. This is what's going on. I have the program running but it is on my laptop and I want to know if I can close the laptop screen and have the replay AV work while it is closed. Is this possible or do I need to keep the laptop open?
The title of your message implies that you put your laptop in hibernation mode when the lid is closed. This is just a special kind of power down that allows a quicker restart when you open the lid. So, no programs, including Replay A/V, are running when the lid is closed.

This is a bad feature for me as I don't really want anyone having access to my computer when I am at work. If i leave the laptop open and turned on then everyone can do as they wish and go through my files and mess my computer and this is not cool.
A manual solution for this situation is to press Ctl+Alt+Del and click the button to lock the keyboard when you leave your desk. Yes, it's a habit you will have to develop. Yes, it's less than ideal. Yes, it achieves the desired objective if you can develop the habit. Once it is a deeply ingrained habit you will do it without even thinking about it. I know because this is what I do. (Hey, at least I proposed a solution that I am personally living with. :) )

craig78681
08-23-2008, 07:09 AM
And lastly can I set up multiple recordings to start at differant times? I'm thinking that once a recording is set up and goes to the recorder que that the next time I open the record wizard it allows me to start a new recording that will not affect the other recordings.
Correct. Each recording stands on its own. In fact, you could have more than one recording running simultaneously as long as you are using stream capture. Obviously this does not work if you are recording the audio output that is being played on the speakers. Then both audio streams would be captured in a single file. You would have to listen pretty darn close for that to be acceptable. :)