PDA

View Full Version : Realtek High Def Driver

claurod
08-21-2008, 02:38 PM
I have changed the motherboard and it comes with high definition audio driver. The controls that can be seen exclude most traditional options that showed when it wasnīt high def Audio.

The chip is ALR888 realtek, and if try to record anything with replay music 3
itīs imposible, even when Installed the applian Hig def Driver.

Iīm Working with Win-Xp.

Any Idea is Welcome.

Cheryl Wester
08-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Hi

To record with Replay Music please use the Audio Driver that came with the program. Always start our program first. Select start recording and then go to what you want to capture. Thanks.

claurod
08-27-2008, 09:04 AM
So kind,Thanks Cheryl,

1.- Unistalled High Definition Audio Drivers.
2.- Reinstalled only Motherboard audio drivers.
3.- Downloaded the last version of Replay Music, i was using 3.0.xx
4.- Installed Replay Music 3.40.
5.- Now i can Record any sound.
6.- but when i start Replay Music there's an error

"Unable to set recording device for external recording. Please check your audio mixer settings."

7.- All settings are default, set by Realtec High Def. Audio Administrator, "RTHDCPL.EXE". The changes i can make are so limited in the interface,
Is there anything i could do?

Best regards,

PS. The last Drivers from Realtec 2.00 - 2.03, Work Better than Older Ones.

jarredduq
09-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Hello,

I cannot record either. I'm using a Macbook Pro 2.6ghz (current model as of 9/2008) running Windows XP SP3 with the onboard Realtek sound. I'm not running Windows virtually, but through boot camp.

Mike Christensen
09-20-2008, 01:30 AM
So kind,Thanks Cheryl,

1.- Unistalled High Definition Audio Drivers.
2.- Reinstalled only Motherboard audio drivers.
3.- Downloaded the last version of Replay Music, i was using 3.0.xx
4.- Installed Replay Music 3.40.
5.- Now i can Record any sound.
6.- but when i start Replay Music there's an error

"Unable to set recording device for external recording. Please check your audio mixer settings."

7.- All settings are default, set by Realtec High Def. Audio Administrator, "RTHDCPL.EXE". The changes i can make are so limited in the interface,
Is there anything i could do?

Best regards,

PS. The last Drivers from Realtec 2.00 - 2.03, Work Better than Older Ones.

Please double check your settings in Replay Music. Make sure that you have "Audio Driver" selected as the "Input Source". The "Unable to set recording device for external recordings" means you are trying to use a different input source. Also, let me know what you are trying to record.

Thanks,

Mike Christensen
09-20-2008, 01:32 AM
Hello,

I cannot record either. I'm using a Macbook Pro 2.6ghz (current model as of 9/2008) running Windows XP SP3 with the onboard Realtek sound. I'm not running Windows virtually, but through boot camp.

Hi,

Are you not receiving an audio signal through Replay Music? If not, try the following:

1) Open Replay Music before opening the source you wish to record.
2) Have the "Audio driver" setting selected in Replay Music's settings.

Best regards,

jarredduq
09-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Hi,

Are you not receiving an audio signal through Replay Music? If not, try the following:

1) Open Replay Music before opening the source you wish to record.
2) Have the "Audio driver" setting selected in Replay Music's settings.

Best regards,

Yes, I've done both those things to no avail. I'm trying to record launchcast. I open Replay Music, then launch Internet Explorer and go to launchcast.com.

Mike Christensen
09-23-2008, 02:21 AM
Yes, I've done both those things to no avail. I'm trying to record launchcast. I open Replay Music, then launch Internet Explorer and go to launchcast.com.

Just a heads up, the LaunchCast audio feeds are not the best in quality and so Replay Music will probably have trouble recognizing songs from LaunchCast. I would recommend using a website or service that uses higher quality feeds. Not only will the songs recognize but you will get a better recording. A few good free choices are AccuRadio, www.acuradio.com, Pandora, www.pandora.com and Jango, www.jango.com

Best regards,

claurod
10-07-2008, 07:34 AM
Hi Mike,
I've tried with two kind of machines;
1.-With chipset Intel i945g/gz, it works as it should.
2.-With chipset Nvidia Nforce 560 (That's my case), doesn't work with audio driver selected; if i select mixer then it works.

I'm recording from capture card, internet radio(lastfm), internal sources (Media player), microphone, line in.

Best Regards.

jj2me
12-08-2008, 11:46 AM
I just bought Replay Music 3.50 and installed it on an HP Quad Core, Vista Home Premium, Realtek High Definition Audio.

I also get no sound when I select "Audio Driver." When I switch to "Volume" (with "Stereo Mix"), there's sound and I can record, but nothing gets recognized.

Yes, I opened programs in the correct order:
1) start Replay Music,
2) Start Recording,
3) Open IE7 and navigate to Launchcast Plus and login and start playing a Plus station.

It seems to be the same problem as the others in this thread. Any solutions yet? Or any on the horizon? Or should I use my 30-day money-back guarantee?