PDA

View Full Version : IE8 Windows 7 64 bit & Rhapsody

cap3344
02-27-2010, 03:54 PM
From reasonably reliable XP, OK Vista, now to Windows 7. Having trouble getting clear recordings using both the Rhpasody player as well as IE8. Second or 3rd track always skips and repeats. Seems to me like the "tagging process" is causing skipping (and in the Player, restartring).

Running RM 3.9.5; this is getting frustrating. I've always had better results withthe Rhapsody player than with web (despite Tech Support's suggestions). But now the skipping process in the web version certainly looks like its the tagging process, since it happens in th efirst 20 seconds and hten plays OK - by the way - none of the tracks are being tagged successfully - so that's a double pain..

:(:confused:

Cheryl Wester
02-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Hi

Please give it a try with the player if that works better for you.

Open Music
Select Start Recording
Our dialog box comes up
At the bottom it says to open website to record
Select that and our page comes up
Go back to the dialog box and select OK
Now, go to what you want to record.

If it always splits at the same time go into the settings and under the splitting tab select to ignore auto. If you continue to have a problem contact tech support as a log file and other info will be needed.

cap3344
02-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Thanks Cheryl, you've helped before, but not htis time. I submitted a ticket to tech Suport along with the log file. Tried both web and app version of Rhapsody. Player is worse.

Cheryl Wester
02-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Since I received this and your ticket I've been working with both. I have a 64 bit Windows 7 and I have been recording with Rhapsody player without a problem-maybe it is because I'm recording country:)

We will continue to work with you on this. Thanks.

cap3344
03-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Jazz here... Well things are not going all that well. Right now RM has hung my whole machine - now hanging in "logging off"... very inconsistent performance. This is a brand new "out of the box" i5 Dual Core machine with
8 Gb of memory. I bought it mostly to do RM work and some lite DVR stuff. I wouldn't expect moving the mouse to disturb the music on this machine, as it is, I typically don't do much on the PC once I get it playing. Been trying to maintain the suggested order but actually its a pain since I'm now starting recording wihtout giving RM any of the tagging information In listening closely to some of the tracks, I'm hearing clicks - so the drop outs are audible on playing, but when recording, it doesn't record the silence, so the music just runs together... I am recordingat 192 bps, I'm going to try 128 bps setting and see if it helps (I suspect it won't). I think this machine has way to, much horsepower to be so jittery comapred to older machines that have run prior versions of RM and Rhapsody flawlessly.
S :confused:

cap3344
03-19-2010, 04:38 PM
an update. For the heck of it, I changed the destination for the output file from my NAS device (been running this was for 2 years), to the local drive on the Windows 7 machine - recording now is MUCH better... not quite perfect, but better. Also trying it with web version vs client.