PDA

View Full Version : Replay A/V 8.77 disappears, rather than minimizing to tray

ronzie009
02-27-2010, 08:12 AM
Quite often, when I click the button that should cause Replay A/V 8.77 to minimize, or "hide", to the system tray, it disappears completely. I know it's still running, because I can see it in task manager. This is also happening when I start it with the "-quiet" switch.

I am running it under Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

Cheryl Wester
02-27-2010, 10:19 AM
This is not an issue I have seen before. Make sure you are running the program with administrative rights. Make sure you don't have your computer set to hide icons.

MBrice
02-28-2010, 07:16 AM
Just had the exact same issue this morning (Feb 28): halfway through recording a two-hour NPR show, I noticed the AV 8 icon wasn't showing in the tray. It also was not showing up as a running app in Tast Mgr. But a check of the recorded files showed that it was in fact running, as the first-hour sound file was already there. When I went back and checked Task Mgr again, I saw that, although AV 8 wasn't displayed in the apps list, it was in fact showing up in the list of processes.

NOT GOOD: hard to control the app when you can't even get to it via Task Mgr!

ronzie009
02-28-2010, 09:10 AM
This is not an issue I have seen before. Make sure you are running the program with administrative rights. Make sure you don't have your computer set to hide icons.
The tray icon is set to always show, and the program is running with administrative rights.

Right now, I have process explorer open, and can see that ReplayAV is starting, but then it shuts down a few seconds later, without ever showing a window! I'm going to reboot now, and see if it will start working again. :mad:

OK, I rebooted, and Task Scheduler started ReplayAV as scheduled, but when I clicked "hide to tray", it vanished! With process explorer, I can see it is still running, but I can't figure out how to get the icon or the window to reappear.

Cheryl Wester
02-28-2010, 10:21 AM
Please submit to tech support. A log file, what version of windows you are using, and detailed information will be needed. I'm not able to duplicate at this end what is going on. Thanks,.