PDA

View Full Version : RMC using Windows 7, 64 bit

viaccess
02-23-2010, 12:48 AM
Since I upgraded to Windows 7, 64 bit, I have been unable to use Replay Media Catcher. It launches fine, but just sits there unable to recognise any stream.

I have tried it in compatibility mode for XP, Vista etc, with no difference. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have checked my firewall settings and the programme is allowed through.

Any help would be very gratefully received.

viaccess
02-24-2010, 04:03 PM
In case it helps anyone else, I have found a solution by reading through some old threads in this Forum.

Although I have no idea what might be stopping RMC from finding streams, using the Opera browser works (whilst neither IE nor Firefox did). So, by opening streams from the BBC (or YouTube) in Opera with RMC in recording mode immediately finds the files and stats to download them.

CannibalsCookpot
02-27-2010, 12:02 PM
if I open IE from the record menu, "Open default browser", it works fine with Win 7 64.

viaccess
02-28-2010, 01:24 AM
if I open IE from the record menu, "Open default browser", it works fine with Win 7 64.

It doesn't work for me. Applian support have suggested that one of my running programmes is somehow interfering with media catcher, but after I sent them a list of the running processes (from Task manager) they were unable to identify the culprit. I did try stopping various running services and programmes, but with no success. However, Opera does work.

I know that Virus protection software has been blamed for this problem, but I am using AVG (the full, paid for version) and Windows firewall. Disabling each of these has made no difference.

Hopefully Applian will work on this and find a fix in the new version, so i may continue to use RMC with my browser of choice (Firefox).

ianai
02-28-2010, 10:14 AM
This is odd. I've been using it since switching to windows 7 64-bit with no recording issues. I've been using Firefox.

carlobee
03-01-2010, 12:45 AM
No issues here too. Windows Ultimate 64-Bit here.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

quibid
03-18-2010, 09:35 PM
I totally agree. RMC was not recording as described in Windows 7 with IE 8 ( all software being completely uptodate and verified. I have both Windows 7 (64bit) Ultimate and Windows 7 Professional (32bit) on different PCs and the result is the same. Anti-virus software and firewalls are irrelevant whether switched on or off. Before Win 7 there was virtually no problem. Looking through the possibilities at the moment is a frustrating loss of time albeit the answer should be simple! ....
ANSWER - Double check the User Account settings in Vista or Win 7. If you have altered the User Account setting in any way you may have to 'reset' back to default.
When done open RMC, start recording and then selct "Open Default Browser" from menu as recommended. The window in IE that opens is THE window that RMC records correctly from. If yu already had opened a previous window that previous window will not work albeit that it sits in the same session of IE. Situation is no different between 64 bit or 32 bit OS. Windows User Account setting if altered as to be more 'secure' appears the only true impediment to using RMC or similar written application.

Cheers

stream-recorder.com
03-19-2010, 04:39 AM
Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate. No complains about RMC 3.11 at all. Usually record from Opera or Firefox.

The "Open Default Browser" from the file menu can really help if you have any issues with I.E. I only use I.E. on few web-sites that are not compatible with anything else. After trying Opera, Firefox and Chrome I just can't use I.E. anymore :D

p.s. Tested RMC 3.11 on Ubuntu 9.10 (Linux) and Mac OS X Snow Leopard using Wine. Works there too :)

CannibalsCookpot
03-28-2010, 06:33 AM
make sure that Hibernate/Sleep settings are disabled, control panel/power settings

juliawaq
03-28-2010, 11:58 PM
hello julia here.. For MP3 files, the artist, album, song title and other information are added to the ID3 tags - this makes your recorded songs appear as they should in iTunes, Windows Media Player, Winamp, Foobar or any other program that plays MP3 files.

gxdata
04-05-2010, 04:40 AM
I'm using Windwos 7 Ultimate, 64-bit - with a trial version of the RMC product.

Purposely, I run with User privileges rather than Admin privileges.

Opera 10.51 works OK. But my preference is to use IE8.

If I start IE8 from the product - ie, Launch Default Browser - (after starting recording), it runs IE8 and goes to Google website (which I never do).

It would be nicer if it used the browser's default website (in my case, always a blank screen).

Also, before changing the default save folder, it used C:\Users\ADMIN\Documents\My Recordings\

Is there any way to configure it to work this way?

I assumed it would work OK with IE8 but not so, with iView on (Australian) ABC TV.

To be clear: absolutely NO JOY using IE8 - and no way will I change my default browser from IE. To use Opera, it's therfore a bit clunky for me but it does work eventually.