PDA

View Full Version : Video Sync Problem

garymcen
02-22-2010, 09:08 PM
I seem to have a synchronization problem with video and audio while using RVC. In looking at the other postings, it seems that my problem is exactly opposite of that posted by most other users. Over time, my video is faster than my audio. At the end of about a ten minute segment, the audio may be as much as .5 seconds behind. I see an option to delay the audio, but that won't help me as the audio is already delayed. I have tried using both formats and using the universal audio driver but it doesn't seem to help. Ideas?

Jeff Lenney
02-22-2010, 09:50 PM
I seem to have a synchronization problem with video and audio while using RVC. In looking at the other postings, it seems that my problem is exactly opposite of that posted by most other users. Over time, my video is faster than my audio. At the end of about a ten minute segment, the audio may be as much as .5 seconds behind. I see an option to delay the audio, but that won't help me as the audio is already delayed. I have tried using both formats and using the universal audio driver but it doesn't seem to help. Ideas?

What operating system are you using? Also, what do you have set for AUDIO settings, and the VIDEO settings?

Thanks! :D

garymcen
02-24-2010, 06:01 AM
I'm using window 7 home premium 64 bit on an HP pavilion with an AMD quad core processor. I have tried both video formats, have not disabled video accelaration, have tried it with and without the universal audio driver and have tried using the different preset recommended settings. Thanks.

lidarman
03-05-2010, 11:57 AM
I have the exact same problem as garymcen. Windows 7 64 bit as well.

I get the progressing delay in the same way. This happens using MPG2 as well as WMV. If I try using the universal audio driver, the sound is completely wrecked, it studders wildly.

I'm using the sound on a biostar motherboard that uses Realtek ALC888 sound with 8+2 Channel

http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=408

I'm going to download the driver updates and see if that helps.

lidarman
03-10-2010, 07:59 PM
None of the updates helped solve this.

The sound delay gets progressively larger as the video continues. As others have said, this is a problem with netflix.

stream-recorder.com
03-26-2010, 05:42 AM
Audio Video out of sync with Netflix

rsk
05-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Doesn't anyone at Applian pay attention to these forums? This out-of-sync issue seems to be epidemic, but there is silence from the company.

Jeff Lenney
05-18-2010, 11:14 PM
We leave the forums open for customers to help eachother. They're meant as a supliment to Support tickets, not a remedy for them.

Regarding this out of sync issue, please make sure you're using the latest version of Replay Video Capture - available here: Replay Video Capture Latest Version (http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture/demo.php). This version uses progressive scan instead of interlace and a slightly different MPEG -2 formating. The result is better image quality and faster DVD burning (about 20 minutes to burn a 2 hour movie on a regular 1.6 GHz CPU using Roxio Creator).

For settings: If you're using Windows 7 or Vista, try to record without using the UAD. Open Audio Setup and check the box "Use Vista audio..". For VIDEO, please select mpeg-2 and see if this combination helps.