PDA

View Full Version : Pandora - no tags?

buddypepper
08-19-2008, 09:23 AM
I'm just trying out the demo of Media Catcher 3.0 - seems pretty great! The only thing is that when I'm trying to record from Pandora, there are no tags. So I'm getting filenames that make no sense, like dsfhewn.m4a, with no tags. I also tried to right click on a file and use the MusicDNS thing, but that didn't work (either because I'm behind a proxy, or because I'm using the demo). Any suggestions? If I could get this working, I buy it...

Andy Heinlein
08-19-2008, 11:28 AM
We use a service to identify the audio tracks which runs on a remote server on port 10001. I guess the first thing we should try to do is make sure that "genpuid.exe" is allowed to access port 10001 and port 80. I don't know if this will solve it because I haven't seen this problem yet... (no one has reported it to me yet)

-andy.

buddypepper
08-19-2008, 12:01 PM
I've got no firewall on, so it's not blocked...but like I said, I'm behind a proxy - so those ports will take it nowhere fast. If it's hard coded to use port 10001, then it's not going to work unless I set up some port forwarding or something for that on the proxy server.

Now, all that said - I don't have any file called genpuid.exe on my pc...so, obviously, that could also be the problem...Is that something that's supposed to come with your install package?

Andy Heinlein
08-19-2008, 12:40 PM
that file is placed temporarily in to media catcher's directory at runtime. I am pretty sure the port is hardcoded into the app. I will ask the guys who created it.

Is there a way to make an exception for port 10001? It would be nice to know there is a solution for this problem if it ever comes up again.

buddypepper
08-19-2008, 12:53 PM
It's not a matter of making an exception - since it's not a firewall....I'd have to know exactly where to forward the port to. If I knew the addess (ip or domain name) that it was trying to connect to on port 10001, then I could set it up. I'd have to tell my server to route connections on port 10001 to that place - then tell it to route incoming 10001 traffic to my computer on tha same port. The trick (the impossible part) is that I'd also have to tell genpuid to use my server's ip, not the one it's trying to use now...(207.178.180.60 - from what I've read).

filter
09-03-2008, 08:49 PM
We use a service to identify the audio tracks which runs on a remote server on port 10001. I guess the first thing we should try to do is make sure that "genpuid.exe" is allowed to access port 10001 and port 80. I don't know if this will solve it because I haven't seen this problem yet... (no one has reported it to me yet)

-andy.

I have the same issue.... how would i check these settings?
thanks

bastille
04-02-2009, 12:22 PM
I've noticed that Replay Media Catcher isn't working to tag my files. I'm assuming that this is because I'm behind a proxy. Is there a solution for this?

Thanks,
Dennis

mrschwarz
04-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Chalk up another vote for this prioblem. I used to be able to download titles, but when I tried tonight, I had the same problem as described here.

I updated to the latest version and it didn't help.