PDA

View Full Version : View Video Whilst Recording?

Neil__C
02-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Hi,

I've just purchased this and all has gone well so far. I'm recording in mpeg2 at the highest quality and framerate possible. Results are good and the processor barely ever hits 9% - very impressed.

However, I was really after one facility in particular, which I should have tested in demo before purchase but didn't - doh! Here's my particular situation:

My main use is, for example, recording a 4 hour Nascar race off Justin TV in mpeg2 - this then plays nicely on my HTPC (I just setup a share to the RVC folder) using Windows 7 Media Center. Whilst it works for anything already recorded, what I REALLY wanted to do was to start watching on my HTPC about an hour into the recording - skipping over bits where necessary. This how media center itself allows you to work when it's recording live TV to mpeg2 (or h264). With RVC, the file being recorded is locked and this totally messes up my master plan!

I've tried other software which produces mpeg2 and I can watch these while they are being produced. The problem has nothing to do with my HTPC as I tried it directly on the PC doing the recording and the file is still locked until the recording ends. I would really love to have this facility - is there any way to enable the file to be viewed whilst the recording is happening?

Thanks in anticpation.

Cheryl Wester
02-17-2010, 08:38 PM
This is a screen capture program and is going to capture what it is seeing on your screen. You are not able to do what you want while it is recording.

stream-recorder.com
03-09-2010, 04:12 AM
Replay Video Capture doesn't offer time shifting. But you can split video while recording it (see the Settings), so you will be able to watch and recording at the same time.