PDA

View Full Version : Icons in Windows 7

Joel228
01-30-2010, 01:12 PM
The icons in Windows 7 are not showing up for most of the replay suite? the programs run fine but I just can't tell them apart from the general "unknown" icon that is showing in the start menu and the taskbar.

donsmith330
02-08-2010, 02:17 PM
I have the same problem as Joel228. Help would be most appreciated.

"The icons in Windows 7 are not showing up for most of the replay suite? the programs run fine but I just can't tell them apart from the general "unknown" icon that is showing in the start menu and the taskbar."

Tasha Heinlein
02-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Locate the programs, right click and choose Properties>>Shortcut>>Change Icon. The correct icon should be listed, click on that and choose Apply. This should fix the problem.

donsmith330
02-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Thanks Tasha. I've already been trying to do that with no success. I get a message saying that the program: example, "ReplayAV.exe" contains no icons, even though the correct icon appears on the Shortcut Tab beside the program name.

Cheryl Wester
02-27-2010, 10:27 AM
This appears to be an issue with Windows 7 and not just with our program. I have used a workaround and it does correct the issue.

Go to the Control Panel
Select Appearance and Personalization
Select make text and other items larger or smaller
Change it to Medium
Apply
Log off
Open again and change it back to small

This worked on my Windows 7 machine.

carlobee
03-01-2010, 12:47 AM
^ Thanks for that Cheryl! Worked for me. Also worked for other programs . Thanks again. Seems like to be a Windows 7 issue.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

Tasha Heinlein
03-01-2010, 12:29 PM
This is a Windows issue rather than an issue specific to our programs. You can read more about it here (http://smallvoid.com/article/windows-icon-cache.html).

donsmith330
06-11-2010, 12:52 PM
This appears to be an issue with Windows 7 and not just with our program. I have used a workaround and it does correct the issue.

Go to the Control Panel
Select Appearance and Personalization
Select make text and other items larger or smaller
Change it to Medium
Apply
Log off
Open again and change it back to small

This worked on my Windows 7 machine.

Thank you for your help, Cheryl ... It seems to have worked for me, too. Wonder when MS will fix this problem? SP1, maybe?