PDA

View Full Version : How to capture video straight from my monitor?

B3 Burner
01-30-2010, 04:11 AM
I'm a flight simulation enthusiast.

I want to be able to record my flights, as they occur on my monitor in real time. This has nothing to do with going online and finding streaming video.

Do you guys have a video recording program that will allow me to do this?

Thanks.

Tasha Heinlein
01-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Replay Video Capture is a screen recorder and would be the best program for this. Check out the demo (http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture/index.php) and see if it fits your needs.

B3 Burner
01-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Thank you so much.

I had just gone online to check out other competing brand video recorders for this purpose. The one I found required advanced video cards-- which I don't have in my laptop, so your competition is not the way to go. I really prefer Applian products, as they've always worked so well for my needs in the past. I was just waiting for someone to have a suggestion.... so I could move forward.

Thank you again for the point in the right direction.

B3 Burner
01-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Downloaded and tried the demo.

It works great! Worlds better than the "in house" video recorder that came with the flight simulator program.

Frame rates are better than with the "in house" recorder as well... could actually be better, I'll have to tweak the video settings and see if I can increase those.

If I continue to be impressed, will buy the full program.

Thanks again for your help.

carlobee
01-31-2010, 08:48 PM
It really is great. :) Good to know you are enjoying it too. Have fun in your flight simulation.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

Tasha Heinlein
02-01-2010, 07:25 AM
Downloaded and tried the demo.

It works great! Worlds better than the "in house" video recorder that came with the flight simulator program.

Frame rates are better than with the "in house" recorder as well... could actually be better, I'll have to tweak the video settings and see if I can increase those.

If I continue to be impressed, will buy the full program.

Thanks again for your help.

Glad it's working out for you!