PDA

View Full Version : Splitting in wrong spot, beginning and end of file

murray
01-29-2010, 10:19 PM
I mentioned this in the other thread regarding Media Splitter adding 6 seconds to the start of files, and after running a couple of "test" edits I'm finding in my case it's consistently adding at least 8 or 9 seconds at the start of the file, and also cutting the file prematurely at the end by even more (almost a minute in one case). This has only started since installing the recent "updated" program. Does anyone know why this should be happening, and until it's fixed, is there any way I can have the old program back?

Cheryl Wester
01-30-2010, 11:19 PM
See if entering the exact time for the beginning and end make a difference in what you are doing. Thanks.

murray
02-01-2010, 12:58 AM
I just tried that, and the same thing happens. Here are the details:

first marker is at 5:19.95 of original file
second marker is at 58:16.39 of original file
that should yield a trimmed segment of 52:56.40, but the resulting segment turns out to be 52:11.15, so the overall segment is 45.25 seconds shorter than it should be. But the start of the trimmed file actually begins 9.41 seconds prior to where I had instructed it to make the first cut, and then it runs out 54.66 seconds before the intended end of the segment.

I've done this 3 times now, and the results are the same each time.

murray
03-28-2010, 07:05 PM
I've been busy with work for the last couple of months, but this stupid splitter still isn't working properly - cutting files off somewhere within a few of minutes of where I wanted, rather than where I actually wanted - and it's starting to p!$$ me off. It's almost worthless as is - can anyone suggest a fix or workaround?