PDA

View Full Version : Segmented recordings sometimes/Can RAV hibernate computer

Jack
01-28-2010, 10:23 AM
A few weeks ago my computer completely died so I reinstalled Replay AV on my new computer. Around the same time I started to have some problems and wanted to see if others were having the same problems, or if it was the new install that was the cause.

I've been recording Sirius for the past few years, pretty much without a problem. The last few weeks I've been getting some partial recordings (for a 6 hour schedule). Sometimes I get a complete recording, other times the recording can be split into several segments. I think that this is probably the server being over-taxed and dropping the connection, but the timing is suspicious.

In either case I cant figure out why sometimes I get several segments with the recording terminating at the correct time and other times it is just a partial recording ending early.

The second problem I have been having since switching computers is -
I have my computer set to wake from hibernate to begin recording. Several times I thought the computer didnt wake up, but it turns out that it recorded for about 5 min and then went back into hibernate.

I'm not sure what did this. Does Replay AV have any capability to hibernate the computer (after a recording) or is it some other mysterious Windows process that is doing this (ie I know if I resume from hibernate using the power button and there is no KB/Mouse activity for a few min Windows will hibernate again)? If it is this I dont know why it only does this sometimes?

Any feedback about these problems would greatly help me track down where to look for a solution. Thanks

Cheryl Wester
01-28-2010, 11:50 AM
Sirius has made some changes and I do believe you are correct that it is a server issue-especially on channel 100. Regarding the hibernate-go to your file-settings-other and make sure that deselect keep alive is not checked.

Jack
01-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Thanks for your post.

I looked and "Disable keep alive" is NOT checked.