PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to Win7 wipes-out Schedule

ronzie009
01-25-2010, 03:04 PM
After upgrading from Vista Home Premium 64 to Windows 7 Home Premium 64, my recording schedules, both captures and podcasts, have vanished. Is there any way to get them back without doing them over by hand?:mad:

ronzie009
01-25-2010, 05:38 PM
I've found the answer to my own question. The schedule file, Schedule8.dat, had been moved by the upgrade process to "C:\$WINDOWS.~Q\DATA\Users\<MY USERNAME>\AppData\Local". I moved it to "C:\Users\<MY USERNAME>\AppData\Local", replacing the empty one that was there, and my schedule was restored.

Now, just hoping that the Sirius 100 feed doesn't crap out again tomorrow!:eek:

carlobee
01-26-2010, 01:27 AM
good to know you figured that one out. :)

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

murray
01-27-2010, 10:58 PM
After upgrading from Vista Home Premium 64 to Windows 7 Home Premium 64, my recording schedules, both captures and podcasts, have vanished. Is there any way to get them back without doing them over by hand?:mad:

That may not have been due to Windows7. I had the same thing happen this week after my XP machine installed some Windows updates, so it may have been something to do with MS updates in general. I didn't try looking for the missing scheduled items in other folders, just repopulated the list manually. I'll try snooping around for the folder you mention and see if that's what happened to mine as well