PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I capture this Youtube vid?

suhraa
08-18-2008, 04:53 AM
Hi,

I bought the Replay Suite last week. Now I am trying to capture:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF84pIhP5UM

with the catcher. It has worked on other sites, but it doesn't seem to like this (and many other youtube vids). I hve tried deleting the cache, starting the catcher before opening the web page and switching on the plug-in.

Please tell me where I am doing something wrong.

Thanks.

Tasha Heinlein
08-18-2008, 06:56 AM
There is no special plug-in needed for YouTube videos.

Close your browser
Open Media Catcher
Click "Start Recording"
Open your browser, go to YouTube and play the videos you want to record.

If you are still having problems after this, please open a support ticket.

http://applian.com/help/index.php?pid=newticket&user=&department=39

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

suhraa
08-21-2008, 07:52 AM
It works billiantly now. I had done the things you suggest here, but the reply from the ticket solved it.

Thanks.

Tasha Heinlein
08-21-2008, 09:03 AM
It works billiantly now. I had done the things you suggest here, but the reply from the ticket solved it.

Thanks.

Excellent, glad everything is working properly now!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

proav8r
10-05-2008, 05:41 PM
I can't get rmc to record or list title when recording. Have done all suggested by Tasha...one concern is that i must wait for the video to download and buffer from youtube before pressing start or recording...any suggestions. proav8r

Tasha Heinlein
10-06-2008, 01:06 PM
I can't get rmc to record or list title when recording. Have done all suggested by Tasha...one concern is that i must wait for the video to download and buffer from youtube before pressing start or recording...any suggestions. proav8r

Media Catcher "catches" the stream, so if you wait until after the video has finished loading to start recording, it will not capture the video. Why do you feel you need to wait to click record?

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

proav8r
10-06-2008, 03:58 PM
If I don't wait the playback is halted occasionally during the playback to buffer. My interenet connection is a sprint card and is fast but sometimes not fast enough. I find that I don't even have to play the youtube video just allow it to start buffering and see it being recorded. If I ever allow it to start but don't like the finished product (if it records at all) it will not record the same file again.

Tasha Heinlein
10-06-2008, 06:41 PM
If I don't wait the playback is halted occasionally during the playback to buffer. My interenet connection is a sprint card and is fast but sometimes not fast enough. I find that I don't even have to play the youtube video just allow it to start buffering and see it being recorded. If I ever allow it to start but don't like the finished product (if it records at all) it will not record the same file again.

If you are having trouble capturing a video that you have already viewed, you probably need to clear your cache:

1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Go to Tools-Internet Options
3. Go to Browsing History-delete
4. Delete Temporary Internet files

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

gregorx
10-08-2008, 05:25 AM
There is no special plug-in needed for YouTube videos.

Close your browser
Open Media Catcher

http://applian.com/help/index.php?pid=newticket&user=&department=39

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Hello, I am having the same issues...Where is the "Media Catcher" located?
thanks,
greg

gregorx
10-08-2008, 10:30 AM

Thanks.

Too bad you didn't post the "reply from the ticket" so others can get it working too.
greg

Tasha Heinlein
10-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Hello, I am having the same issues...Where is the "Media Catcher" located?
thanks,
greg

I believe you are looking for help with Replay A/V. Media Catcher is a separate program, not something that is found within Replay A/V. I received your support ticket and transferred it to the proper department, you should hear back shortly!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein