PDA

View Full Version : Recording from keyboard

ronherdman
01-21-2010, 12:58 PM
No problem recording audio from web sites. Then tried direct recording from keyboard (Technics KN3000) line output to computer line input (Dell 3100C) hoping to avoid using Audacity program. Although I could hear keyboard output (very loud and undistorted) on computer phones output the record line on Freecorder stayed absolutely flat. Any ideas please?

Tasha Heinlein
01-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Are you using the Freecorder Toolbar or the desktop version? The toolbar does not have a line in option for recording.

ronherdman
01-22-2010, 01:32 AM
Thanks for the vital clue Tasha - I'll try it later today and let you know the results.

ronherdman
01-22-2010, 02:52 AM
Can't find info on desktop version of Freecorder 4 - am I missing something obvious? Also I suspect only the toolbar version is free. If so I may have to stick with Audacity.

ronherdman
01-24-2010, 05:16 AM
From the deafening silence I can only assume Applian don't do 'Record from Line Input' so will turn my attentions elsewhere !!

Cheryl Wester
01-24-2010, 09:58 AM
We monitor the forums and don't respond to all items as we want the members of the forums to do this. If you want an immediate response from tech support then it is best to write directly to that as most tickets are responded to in 24 hours or less. In regards to line in we do have several programs that do record line in-depending on your system. I use Replay Music and also Replay Video Capture to do this all the time. Thanks.