PDA

View Full Version : Need help to record Sirius Satelite radio

Tenhouse
08-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Ok, I have a Sirius Stilleto II and I record my howard stern shows and listen to them in my truck while I work at night. my problem is that the Stiletto II does not let you save the shows or any record content to your PC. I want to be able to put these shows on my laptop and then convert them to whatever format I can and put them on an external memory card which I keep in my Stiletto II to replay them when I like. Is there a program that can help me with this? Does anyone have any experiences with this unique situation? What can I do? HELP?!?!?! LOL I gotta have my Howard Stern show
I"m ready to purchase a program but don't know what's going to work for me at this point. Thanks

Tom Mayes
08-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Hi,

You would use Replay A/V to record Sirius streams to your PC. You can set up the program to also convert the recorded file automatically post recording to a desired output format. Most probably, your Stilletto will play MP3 format, so that may be the format for conversion to transfer to your storage card. There are a number of conversion options though, allowing you to choose what works for your specific needs.

Here are instructions to record Sirius online streams:
http://www.how-to-capture-streaming-media.com/record_sirius_radio/record_sirius_radio.html

You can download the free demo of Replay A/V from the following link: http://www.applian.com/downloads.php

Regards,

Tom Mayes

Tenhouse
08-16-2008, 11:06 PM
thanks for the help but here is my problem. I work at night and sleep during the day when my show is recorded directly to my portable Stiletto II and not from an online stream. The problem with me recording from the online sirius player is that they have a feature set up where you have to click a button every 10 or 15 minutes to keep the stream going otherwise it logs me out of the online streaming mode. What I want to do in my "awake hours" is plug my Stiletto II into my pc and play the show and have a program grab that audio and be able to save it to an MP3 format which yes I can play on the player. Does this situation change the program I will need to use? I know I can plug the Stiletto II into my pc and play the audio from it, I just want to make sure I can do it in this manner. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it

Tom Mayes
08-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Hi,

Replay A/V uses a special workaround to maintain the audio stream so that no manual intervention is needed to keep the stream playing. So, you can use Replay A/V to do the recording directly to your PC.

If you really want to capture the recording once on your device, you would then need to rerecord the audio stream in real time to your PC. So, you are doubling your effort when you can just record the online stream once, in a scheduled mode, and then transfer the recorded file to your device or any device that has play back capability. You can use Replay A/V to do the audio recording from the stiletto plugged in to your PC but you will also have a lower quality becuase of double recording.

The way that Replay A/V records Sirius streams is through a stream capture technology. This means that the program captures the file data exactly as it is streamed and thus is a perfect reproduction. I'd recommend trying the free demo of Replay A/V. You'll see exactly how it can work.

Tom.

Tenhouse
08-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it and i'm glad to learn about the "work around feature" you mentioned because I would have purchased your product months ago but didn't think it would do what I wanted to for the reasons I mentioned. I already have the trial installed on my laptop so I'll read the how to section and set it up THANKS again