PDA

View Full Version : Keep-alive function in Replay AV (simulating mouse movements)?

excalifornian
01-14-2010, 10:15 AM
What does this mean?

Main Settings > Other > Disable keep-alive while recording

I'm wondering if it would solve this problem:

When of necessity I must use the "what you hear" option, and a station's tuner must open but is too slow to load, a message pops up that there is no sound.

Then when I click that away, instead of continuing to load the needed tuner, it closes and starts all over again!

This continues repeatedly and perhaps the station's tuner will never load within the short period of time before the message appears.

Sometimes I have had to load the station in some other browser, but by then I have lost the beginning of the program and, worst of all, I have to BE here to monitor.

So the question is: If I were to disable the keep-alive (whatever that is), would that prevent the interfering message from popping up and allow the tuner to continue to load?

Probably I could answer my own question if I knew that the "keep-alive" function really is. :D

Cheryl Wester
01-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Keep alive stimulates a small movement on your computer when you are doing a stream capture so that the server thinks you are still there.

What stream are you trying to capture that gives you this issue.