PDA

View Full Version : How to convert to NTSC?

UNCLE123
08-15-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm unable to use any of my converted videos in my video editing software applications because they all say they cannot use PAL format. All of the video conversions seem to be coming out as PAL. How do I get them to convert as NTSC? I don't see any options to change this? Are they really going to always be PAL?

Cheryl Wester
08-16-2008, 07:06 AM
Here is an interesting link that explains the difference between the two better than I can for others that may be wondering. http://www.ihffilm.com/videostandard.html

You don't say what version of Converter you are using or what format you are converting to. In our beta version we do have the NTSC option for burning DVDs. Give the beta a try and see how it goes for you. What program are you using for editing also.

If you continue to have a problem this is something that tech support would need to see. Thanks.

UNCLE123
08-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Here is an interesting link that explains the difference between the two better than I can for others that may be wondering. http://www.ihffilm.com/videostandard.html

You don't say what version of Converter you are using or what format you are converting to. In our beta version we do have the NTSC option for burning DVDs. Give the beta a try and see how it goes for you. What program are you using for editing also.

If you continue to have a problem this is something that tech support would need to see. Thanks.

I thought I was using the most current version since I just downloaded it 2 weeks ago from this site. I paid for the registration codes yesterday and registered the program. I'm not trying to burn DVD's I'm just trying to use Pinnacle Studio 8.0 to make an MPG movie with clips of some of the videos I have captured using Replay Media Catcher. After using Replay Media Catcher, I used Replay Converter to convert the videos to MPG but when I try to access the converted MPG's with any of my numerous editing programs such as Pinnacle Studio and a few others, they all tell me they cannot use the converted MPG's because they are in PAL format. I cannot use PAL, I need NTSC.

I paid $108.95 to register Replay Capture Suite and have it shipped to me on a CD so I guess I'll have to wait until I get the CD and see if that version is more up to date.

I hope they don't always come out in PAL format because that's absolutely useless to me.

Cheryl Wester
08-16-2008, 04:08 PM
I use the program and converted files all the time with Pinnacle and haven't had the issue you are experiencing. Please do me a favor and download the beta version from our site and see if it works better for you. Let us know and contact tech support if you still have the problem.

Update your Pinnacle as well. Make sure that it is current. See if it is missing some files that could be causing you the issue you are experiencing.

Cheryl Wester
08-16-2008, 06:40 PM
I forgot to add that you will just need to select the MPEG-2 NTSC target format option rather than the MPEG-2 PAL target format option in Replay Converter.

It should work for you without an issue.

UNCLE123
08-16-2008, 07:40 PM
I use the program and converted files all the time with Pinnacle and haven't had the issue you are experiencing. Please do me a favor and download the beta version from our site and see if it works better for you. Let us know and contact tech support if you still have the problem.

Update your Pinnacle as well. Make sure that it is current. See if it is missing some files that could be causing you the issue you are experiencing.

My Pinnacle is always up to date. I've been using Pinncale's products for over 10 years and I've never had any problems with any of the versions until yesterday when I tried to use video that had been converted with Replay Converter.

I have looked several times now on the downloads page of this site and there is nothing labeled as "Beta". I see one option to download replay converter. That is the one that I already have.

I do not see any options to select MPEG-2, nor do I see PAL or NTSC options any where. I see many options such as MPEG-4 AVI, and so forth but no MPEG-2 NTSC. Where should I be seeing this? If "Beta" is something newer and different then how come I ended up with an older problematic version after shelling out $108?

UNCLE123
08-16-2008, 07:51 PM
I forgot to add that you will just need to select the MPEG-2 NTSC target format option rather than the MPEG-2 PAL target format option in Replay Converter.

It should work for you without an issue.

These are the choices I see:

http://a493.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/78/l_691e9e68bb5d1542c5a6768465f55e1c.png

Then if you scroll down some more, these are the remaining choices:

http://a886.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/16/l_d6db731d705f789fad4d8607dc5c9c2d.png

I don't see MPEG-2 NTSC anywhere in the list.

UNCLE123
08-16-2008, 09:31 PM
OK....

I went digging through the forums and found a link to download "Beta". It wasn't on the main downloads page, that's why I couldn't find it initially.

I downloaded and installed "Beta". I am now able to convert captured videos to MPEG's in NTSC format....but now the audio is not working at all.

I rebooted my computer. I checked my hardware and audio settings in my device manager. I found no conflicts.

The audio is not playing in the converted MPEG clips.

Cheryl Wester
08-16-2008, 10:19 PM
At this point you need to contact tech support so we can see a log file and take a closer look at what is going on. Thanks.