PDA

View Full Version : recording starts and stops with Replay Video Capture

nickajack910
12-29-2009, 05:35 PM
I've experienced the ads only recording with Replay Media Capture and switched to Replay Video Capture. Replay Video Capture, while recording, will start and stop, making an unsatisfactory recording and useless. What is the cause, and what is the solution?

Cheryl Wester
12-30-2009, 10:01 AM
It is using a screen capture and not a stream capture technology. Every time your computer buffers the program is going to do the same. If that is not the case for you please contact tech support as more information will be needed.

drmick3
09-23-2010, 09:01 AM
I've got the same problem with Freecorder 4, and have been reading the Forum for solutions. This is the closest I've come across. However, I need to find out if there is a program that will solve this problem as well as the problem of streaming ads being recorded rather than say the football stream I want to record. In addition, I also need to know the trade offs between screen capture and stream capture programs. I have a different company's recording program that uses the URL address to record the program; however, there are sites that I want to record that are not listed in the program and so it won't record from those sites. Help?

Cheryl Wester
09-23-2010, 06:00 PM
Each stream is different. The different technology that the stream uses determines if you are able to stream capture or screen capture a program. If it can't be stream captured using AV or using Media Catcher then the ideal program to use is Video Capture as it is our screen capture program. The only way you are going to know if a stream is going to work is to give it a try. If a file is an RTMPE file then it does need to be screen captured as stream capture won't work. An example of this is Hulu. An example of a stream capture is ABC, CBs, or NBC.