PDA

View Full Version : Replay AV 8 Windows 7 UAC issue

tpro
12-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Manually starting RAV8, I get the UAC message "Do you want the following program to make changes to this computer? ..."

Changes? What "changes"?? Nearly every application program makes some changes to the computer, so what does this really mean?

What is RAV trying to do that UAC is so worried about?

No, I don't want to turn off UAC. What I want is for Applian to fix this product so it plays by the rules that most other applications seem to have no problem following.

Cheryl Wester
12-29-2009, 09:43 PM
If you give the program permission it will open with the User account Control. Due to the way it handles audio and stream capturing you are going to see this issue when you open the program. Thanks.

tpro
12-30-2009, 08:57 AM
My account has Admin authority, but every time I start RAV8 it gives the same UAC popup message, which I have to respond to before proceeding.

Further, the program will not start automatically when I boot the system, almost certainly for the same reason (Yes, I did read the note that came up about this at the end of the Setup process).

re: "Give the program permission"

I'm unfamiliar with that term. Could you please elaborate?

Cheryl Wester
12-30-2009, 09:59 AM
It will not start when you boot up with the UAC turned on. Your computer is asking for permission for our program to open up when it is turned on. That is why you get that prompt when opening up the program.