PDA

View Full Version : You need to disable User Account Control to use Replay Music with Windows 7

JefZX
12-27-2009, 03:15 PM
I could not get Replay 7 to work with Windows 7 until a helpful poster pointed this out. To disable User Account Control in Windows 7 do the following:

Open Control Panel; click on User Accounts and Family Safety; click on User Accounts; click on Change User Account Control settings; move bar down to Never Inform Me Never Notfiy (About Changes to My Computer); restart.

Microsoft says on this page that this is not recommended. "Chose this only if you need to use programs that are not certified for Windows 7 because they do not support User Account Control."

Appears Applian needs to edit its program to certify it to Windows 7. In the mean time, it should inform users of this needed action.

Jeff Lenney
12-28-2009, 12:09 AM
I could not get Replay 7 to work with Windows 7 until a helpful poster pointed this out. To disable User Account Control in Windows 7 do the following:

Open Control Panel; click on User Accounts and Family Safety; click on User Accounts; click on Change User Account Control settings; move bar down to Never Inform Me Never Notfiy (About Changes to My Computer); restart.

Microsoft says on this page that this is not recommended. "Chose this only if you need to use programs that are not certified for Windows 7 because they do not support User Account Control."

Appears Applian needs to edit its program to certify it to Windows 7. In the mean time, it should inform users of this needed action.

Hi, Replay Music is windows 7 certified according to Microsoft. http://applian.com/images/badges/EN-w7-comp_rgb_M.jpg

Many programs, including ones from other software companies have issues with the UAC issue. It's microsofts way to be 'safe' by preventing programs from auto launching, etc, but I find it to be a hassle. The first thing I recomend to my customers with a vista or windows 7 pc is to disable the UAC first.

Thanks for the 'how to', by the way, i'm sure some people were un-sure of how to do this. It's easy, but only if you know how. :D