PDA

View Full Version : recording problems using realtek HD (copy old cassette tapes using replay music))

probley
12-24-2009, 09:50 PM
I decided to copy old cassette tapes using replay music and my computer's motherboard sound card. I actually got one tape transferred fairly well, but then the trouble started. no volume, low volume, distorted sound. when I close the settings menu I get a pop-up, saying "unable to set recording device. please check your audio mixer settings. I decided then to switch back to using audio driver as the source. replay music crashed. the only recourse was to clear out my settings with the tool, and start over. now i get nothing being recorded at all. any ideas? maybe get a real sound card?

tx,

Phil

probley
12-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Well I decided to install the updated version of replay music. now I am left with only the choice of audio driver, which does not work at all with my cassette source. any clevererer ideas? Also I got a message saying that audgopher.dll and audhook.dll could not be installed. I see they are present in reply music's directory. any idea what the current version should be and what directory the files should be in?

Cheryl Wester
12-25-2009, 12:54 PM
We do not have line in at this time. The developer is hoping to add it in again at a later time. Please reboot your system and see if that corrects the other issue. The latest vesion is 3.93. Thanks.

probley
12-25-2009, 02:49 PM
thanks. I guess I was lucky in the past. I found Nero would do the recording, but it's not that easy to use. replay music is really straightforward. it works fine for capturing streamed audio.

malaus1
12-29-2009, 02:12 AM
Chek out Audacity. Free and simple to use. I used it to record all my tapes and burn them to CD - http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/ .

carlobee
12-29-2009, 08:26 PM
thanks. I guess I was lucky in the past. I found Nero would do the recording, but it's not that easy to use. replay music is really straightforward. it works fine for capturing streamed audio.

does that mean the audio driver is not the issue?

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

Cheryl Wester
12-29-2009, 09:47 PM
The audio driver works fine with Replay Music.

stream-recorder.com
04-05-2010, 02:58 AM
The latest version of Replay Music (http://www.applian.com/replay-music/) can record from line-in.

To record from a line-in source you just need to go to Replay Music's settings and under the "Input" tab in the "Input Source" drop down list and select the line-in option. The options in this drop down list are dependent on the capability of your sound card.

Replay Music also has a normalize option that allows you to record all your audio to a constant volume. This setting is found under the "Output" tab in Replay Music's setting.

You can also normalize already recorded files by right clicking in the track list box and selecting "Import Mp3 files" and then selecting all the files you wish to import. Once the tracks are imported, select the files in the track list box and then right click and select the "Normalize Track(s)" option.