PDA

View Full Version : XM stops recording after 90 min.

Jubjubs
12-17-2009, 11:36 PM
I've set everything up to record 4 hours of XM a day (Ron and Fez 10-2) and am splitting it into 30 minute increments as I've done for years. The problem is that the last 2 days it stops recording at 1 1/2 hours in. Everything converts fine and exports to iTunes as I want, but for some reason, my recording stops at 11:30 every day. It only gives me 3 of the 6 segments it should

Is anyone else having similar problems, or does anyone have an idea why this is happening? The schedule is correct, it just for some reason stops half way though my seesion.

Cheryl Wester
12-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Are you using stream capture or audio capture. If you are using audio capture they normally stop you at 90 minutes. If you are using stream capture please submit a ticket to tech support as more information and a log file will be needed.

sounder
12-30-2009, 02:08 PM
new to this. I've been trying to get bloomberg stream. near as I can tell I need to use the audio card capture. seemed to work for a minute trial. I tried a three hour capture a couple times and failed. I can only record 90 minutes at a time? What is the reason for this? If it is not technical is there a plan to extend the time? Basically, the reason I got the suite was to record a 3 hour bloomberg stream.

thanks

Cheryl Wester
12-31-2009, 03:02 PM
If you are using audio capture you are going to be limited to 90 minutes with XM. Use stream capture. Add the show by going to Record-Record XM. It will be set up correctly for you.

sounder
01-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the reply. I should have changed the title. I do not have xm and really don't want to spend the 13 bucks to get it.

Can you tell me why the record from sound card feature limits to recording to 90 minutes? Any plans to increase that time?

Another feature that would be great would be the ability to schedule a time recording to start using the sound card recording.

Is this the right venue to make these inquiries and suggestions?

Cheryl Wester
01-09-2010, 09:52 AM
That is not an issue with our program but with your stream. When they find people not listening on the system they do turn it off in some cases. When you use stream capture you don't have this issue. Some stations will record for hours on audio while others limit you.