PDA

View Full Version : Recording audio stream from DVD's

JakeGrafton
08-12-2008, 05:33 AM
This is my first ever post here, folks. A friend recommended that I try the free demo of Replay Music version 3.0 to accomplish what I wanted to do. I've done it, but it didn't really work.

I have some music DVD's which consist of old concerts. I wanted to get some of the songs from each DVD onto CD to listen to as audio, so I obviously need to "rip" the audio stream on the disc to either mp3 or wav format.

I did everything that the application program told me to do, and played the DVD on Windows media player and indeed the Replay Music program recorded the sounds and then converted them to mp3.

However, the "chop" is unbelievable and so the output is useless. There will be perhaps one second of sound (which sounds great, by the way), followed by a second of silence, then there'll be a second of music, followed by a second of silence, and so on.

I pretty much did all the default settings, so I don't think that I did anything wrong.

I don't mind purchasing the product if it'll work, as I have a bunch of DVD's with music that would be great to put on my Ipod or play on CD. But I'm not going to throw money away by buying software that won't accomplish what I need.

I suppose I can uninstall the software and re-download it to try the demo again, but is there a point to it if it doesn't work?

Any advice will be appreciated.

JakeGrafton
08-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Well, that was fast enough. I uninstalled version 3.0, then downloaded and installed version 3.4.

When I tried to use the program, it told me that I used my 25 demo selections, and that if I wanted to continuing using the program (which has thus far accomplished nothing for me) I have to purchase it.

So, I never got the program to work, and now I'm expected to buy it - even though I have no evidence that the program can actual record without the stutters.

To say I'm disappointed is an extreme understatement. I guess I will have to seek out another product. Thanks for trying, I guess.

Cheryl Wester
08-20-2008, 11:11 AM
The program does give you 25 tries of the program to make sure it is working for you prior to purchasing. If you would like to try it again please contact customer support and include your log file and we should be able to get you up and running.