PDA

View Full Version : Replay Converter 2.8 Not Working

J-Mac
12-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Has Replay Converter 2.8 worked for anyone? I know that RC 2.x worked for me at the very start but hasn't successfully converted one file since April 2007. I thought I would ask here for one last chance before I just remove it from my computer for good. Very frustrating.

I'm hoping that someone here has a bit of knowledge about RC 2.8 that might help to get it to work, and that they will share it. Otherwise I might as well just uninstall it and stick with other applications that are working, at least for some conversions.

BTW, Applian support has never been able to help with this other than the usual prompting to upgrade.

Thank you.

Jim

Cheryl Wester
12-06-2009, 07:47 PM
If you are converting a newer format then it might not work as there have been a lot of changes in streams and codecs in the three years since that came out. Submit a ticket to tech support and include a log file so we can take a look at it to determine if that is the reason or not.

J-Mac
12-06-2009, 09:49 PM
If you are converting a newer format then it might not work as there have been a lot of changes in streams and codecs in the three years since that came out. Submit a ticket to tech support and include a log file so we can take a look at it to determine if that is the reason or not.

No conversion has worked since at least April 2007 so how "new" could they be?

We're talking .flv => .wmv, .mov => .wmv; pretty basic as conversions go.

Last time I submitted my log to Support I was told to upgrade to the latest version. I have spent over $150.00 on Applian products since your very first Replay Music was released and all but one rarely work; not an incentive to just keep upgrading every time there's a problem.

Thank you.

Jim