PDA

View Full Version : Replay AV using 100% of resources!

wrg
08-10-2008, 07:02 AM
I have 8.42. If it it set to start with Windows, it locks my system up. Task Manager shows it using 100% of resources. I can kill the process and all is ok until I try to manually start it. About 50% of the time it will take 100% of resources when started manually and lock Windows. The other 5o% of the time it seems to work OK.

Oh, almost forgot. This just started about 5 or 6 days ago. It had been working ok until then. No new software has been installed other than Windows updates.

Cheryl Wester
08-10-2008, 08:17 AM
This is not something that usually happens. Please see if reinstalling the program corrects the issue you are having. If it doesn't contact tech support as they will need to see your log file and get some additional information.

themoosman
10-03-2008, 05:45 AM
I have 8.42. If it it set to start with Windows, it locks my system up. Task Manager shows it using 100% of resources. I can kill the process and all is ok until I try to manually start it. About 50% of the time it will take 100% of resources when started manually and lock Windows. The other 5o% of the time it seems to work OK.

Oh, almost forgot. This just started about 5 or 6 days ago. It had been working ok until then. No new software has been installed other than Windows updates.

Have you found any solution to this issue? I have the EXACT same problem.

J-Mac
10-06-2008, 08:11 PM
I have been having similar issues with both Replay A/V 8 and Replay Converter. Actually the two are installed together so it may be the same problem with both. This has been a problem for about the last three or four builds I installed.

I previously had Replay A/V 7 and then all releases of V.8 since and never had much of a problem before these last few builds. Once I had problems with it crashing a short time after starting, and sometimes refusing to start. Support helped me with that and I believe I had to enter it into the Windows XP DEP Exclusion list.

Because the problem is a relatively recent one, and the fact that all of Applians applications have run OK on my systems before, I think this might once again be a conflict between later RAV versions and a recent Windows/Microsoft Automatic Update patch. To anyone monitoring this in Applian Support - is that a possibility? Might be worth a bit of testing.

Thanks!

Jim

J-Mac
10-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Almost forgot:

I am running RAV on Windows XP Pro with SP2 installed. :)

Jim

themoosman
10-08-2008, 10:50 AM
I have tested this in Windows XP SP2 and SP3, Vista Ultimate x86 and x64 all get the same issue. So, this is not an O/S issue - its a program issue. I know for sure if I roll back to RAV 8.04 I don't see the issue.

jcrutcher0114
10-08-2008, 06:10 PM
I posted a problem of my machine locking up on 9/24. After seeing this post and doing some addtional research I have determined that this is the same issue I am having. I did recently install SP3 on or about the same day I started to see the performance issues. Has Applian Tech acknolwedged this issue.

Jonathan

Great product when it works, but not very stable.

Cheryl Wester
10-10-2008, 07:26 AM
What version of AV are you using? If it is not the latest please install it and see if that corrects the issue. If you continue to have an issue you should contact tech support for additional assistance.

jcrutcher0114
10-10-2008, 08:21 PM
upgraded a few days ago to latest version. still have the issue.

PeterC
10-11-2008, 06:25 PM
I had this problem when recording really huge time segments (like 23 hours!). I was recording several Shoutcast streams over several hours and having Replay A/V split out the MP3 songs. When I adjusted the recording sessions to smaller time segments (3 or 4 hours), the problem cleared up.