PDA

View Full Version : RM detects audio in Media player but nowhere else

anxietyclown
12-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Hey there. I've been a long time RM user and about 18 months ago I stopped being able to use the program. On and off, when life and time have permitted I've gone back and forth with Cheryl via email but never been able to fix the problem so I thought I'd open it to a wider audience see if anyone can help.

* most recent version of RM installed (as of today)
* RM plugin and Applian plugin checked in Media player.
* Opening everything in the correct order (been through the process a dozen times).
* Full uninstall and reinstall of RM done several times.

sound card = Realtek High Definition Audio - simple plug and play PCI card, drivers appear to be up to date.

audio works fine on the computer, I use a headset and mic with no issues, play songs from WinAmp, iTunes, etc no issues. i can listen to music from any web stream, no issues.

if I open RM, then Media Player and tune a radio station in media player, RM detects the audio and records it flawlessly.

if I open RM and ANYTHING else, no audio is detected. None of the web based audio sites (pandora, etc) in ANY browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome).

the driver is set to Audio Driver.

I have tried with Media Player open in the back ground and without.

any thoughts on fixing this would be most appreciated!!

I love the software but have been unable to use it for a long time now.

anxietyclown
12-04-2009, 07:18 PM
hmmm 23 views, no replies. bad sign :(

dws
12-05-2009, 09:21 AM
I have the same problem. At this time I am not subscribed to Pandora One and am not sure if that makes a difference.

It would be nice to have it working.

carlobee
12-06-2009, 06:36 PM
that's really unusual. hope that problem gets solved as soon as possible.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

Cheryl Wester
12-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Pleae put in a ticket to tech support. They will need to know what version of windows you are using and have a log file. Thanks.