PDA

View Full Version : Recording music as tracks in RAV

emacee1701
12-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Replay Director's "tip of the week" tells how to drag and drop an Internet Radio listing from iTunes into Replay AV and then start record/download. After you stop and save the download, instead of one recording you get individual tracks. The directions say this probably works on any audio stream in iTunes; I've been trying it out and it does not. It does work on 1.FM streams (like the one used in the video demo). It does seem to work in streams listed as AAC but not all of them. I didn't find an mp3 stream in which it worked. It look like this works for the multi-channel audio sites (like 1.FM) which display track info in audio players. It does not seem to work for streams from terrestrial radio stations (like the CBS stations listed in iTunes). And this trick is not limited to iTunes: I got Replay AV to record individual tracks by dragging and dropping a listing from Shoutcast listings (displayed in my browser).

I haven't checked out a huge number of audio streams. It could turn out there are some mp3 streams in which it works and some terrestrial radio streams for which it works. If you've got a stream you like and want to try it, it's worth checking out.

PS: Did a little more checking. The trick does work in 1.FM mp3 streams, too. I guess this means sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. All trial and error.

carlobee
12-03-2009, 08:56 PM
GOod to know you figured that one out.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg