PDA

View Full Version : trouble getting started

immitationbear
08-09-2008, 06:49 PM
I just installed the demo of RMC but when I try to run the prog, a dialog pops up and says .. Load latest plugins... then each one fails ..then I press demo and the program quits. Im using Vista. I just dl the demo today. Any clue whas da matter?
::(

Andy Heinlein
08-09-2008, 08:15 PM
In the list where it says "failed" there should be a number next to it... could you tell me what that number is?

(like: Failed: 0x06)

thanks...
-andy.

john_m01
08-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Hi I have the same problem - downloaded the demo version but the plug ins fail to load - I have switched off all explorer restrictions on popups, activex etc but still no joy FWIW the binary code is 0x04
Any ideas - I really would like ot persevere with this software as it's exactly what I've been looking for

TIA

Andy Heinlein
08-10-2008, 06:52 PM
thanks for posting the number... a few other people have had this problem, but no one ever posts that number!

I am going to assume that the problem you are having is the problem that everyone else is having.

I will fix this and get a new version posted ASAP.

Thank you for the information.
-andy.

Andy Heinlein
08-10-2008, 10:20 PM
After some research, if you get this "Failed: 0x04" error, what you have to do is run Media Catcher as Administrator. I don't know why this is, but, it seems to be solving the problem.

You can do this by right-clicking on Media Catcher and selecting the "Run As Administrator" option...

Please let me know if that solves your problem. I am going to see if there is a way around this.

-andy.

john_m01
08-11-2008, 02:49 AM
many thanks Andy for your quick repsonse - YES ruin as admin works !!