PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling Question with WMR, not able to schedule Olympic Videos -Resolved

godfather
08-08-2008, 03:43 PM
I would like to watch streaming Olympic coverage from http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/livevideo/. The problem is that there are number of sports that they are showing on diffrent channels but the do not start streaming until the appropriate time meaning I can't figure out the URL to select in the scheduler. Any suggestions

Jeff Lenney
08-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Are you using Replay AV For this? (Sorry, you made no mention of what suite program you're using in your post)

godfather
08-08-2008, 07:20 PM
sorry using wm recorder 12.

Cheryl Wester
08-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Hi

The Olympics is using the SilverLight technology from Mocrosoft to capture the streams. Our stream capture programs are not able to capture these. You would need to use a screen capture program to get these links. We are recommending that you use WM Capture. It is located at http://www.wmrecorder.com/download.php

You are not able to schedule this type of a capture, however.

Jeff Lenney
08-09-2008, 10:06 AM
sorry using wm recorder 12.

No problem at all Godfather.

We do not own WM Recorder. We jointly own the WM Recorder site, and market and support the program though.

Unfortuantely, that support is limited to our tickets only, hence wmr is not really supported on these forums.

If you submit a ticket now i'd be happy to assist you further there with the issue.

But I'll tell you one thing now, if the URL is not available before the stream starts, it's impossible to schedule it. I looked at the .ca site briefly and that looks like the case, unfortunately.

You should be able to record that site with wmr in PRO mode, or wm capture, but scheduling, i'm afraid, is impossible with how they're set up.

godfather
08-09-2008, 11:43 AM
thanks folks.

Spiggy Topes
08-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Hi

The Olympics is using the SilverLight technology from Mocrosoft to capture the streams. Our stream capture programs are not able to capture these. You would need to use a screen capture program to get these links. We are recommending that you use WM Capture. It is located at http://www.wmrecorder.com/download.php

You are not able to schedule this type of a capture, however.

You're thinking of NBC. The OP is trying to record CBC, which is providing streams that identify themselves through Windoze Media Player 10 as MMC - although a little background reading says that it's probably not actually MMC... way too deep for me.

But I have had success using Replay A/V to capture these streams, provided that I wait until they've started before trying to connect. I thought it might be possible to pick up the URL from an earlier broadcast on the same "channel", but the URL contains an authentication key which I suspect doesn't persist from one broadcast to the next.

Which means that I can't rely on Replay A/V to capture, for instance, this morning's men's sabre finals, which started at 3:49 PST. Anyone have brilliant ideas on how to do that, I'm dying to hear.

Andy Heinlein
08-13-2008, 01:09 PM
I tried Replay Media Catcher with CBC and it looks like it records the video... atleast the archived content on that site. None of the "live" streams are active right now. I am going to assume that they all use the same format.

Try giving Media Catcher a shot and see if it works for you.

-andy.