PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Auto tagging Mp3 with Replay Music version 2: Error: Unable to contact music identification server for tagging.

jw52
11-24-2009, 05:48 AM
Ok. This is getting old.
I did exactly s instructed and am getting the same error

Unable to contact music identification server for tagging.
Please make sure you are online, your proxy settings are correct in Replay Music if you are using a proxy server and your firewall is not blocking the Genpuid.exe file.

Cheryl Wester
11-24-2009, 09:49 AM
What version of the program are you using? If you are using Replay Music 2 it will not work.You need to use the latest version 3.92. If you continue to have an issue please contact tech support with your detailed information and a log file. Thanks.

tony56420
07-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Ok. This is getting old.
I did exactly s instructed and am getting the same error

Unable to contact music identification server for tagging.
Please make sure you are online, your proxy settings are correct in Replay Music if you are using a proxy server and your firewall is not blocking the Genpuid.exe file.

I purchased replay music two days ago and installed it on my computer running windows xp pro. The first day it worked great while using Rhapsody, on the second day I started getting this error message above. None of the settings were changed. I found this thread above un-installed my current version, restarted the computer and installed version 3.92. It did start working for recording and tagging the next play list, but while on the third play list i received the error message again. Please help.

Cheryl Wester
07-12-2010, 07:58 PM
We are aware of this issue and we are working on it now. Our music service changed servers and this has created this issue. We hope to have it resolved in the next couple of days. Thanks for your continued patience while we work on this issue.

hooper
07-22-2010, 07:29 PM
We are aware of this issue and we are working on it now. Our music service changed servers and this has created this issue. We hope to have it resolved in the next couple of days. Thanks for your continued patience while we work on this issue. Any updates on this issue?

Cheryl Wester
07-23-2010, 08:02 AM
Our latest version is working great. Thanks.

dhopp
08-02-2010, 09:17 PM
I am experiencing this same problem on an intermittent basis. Using version 3.97.

rhargrove
08-02-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm using version 3.97...I just purchased it a couple of days ago. I'm also having the same problem on an intermittent basis. At times, the tagging works great but there are long stretches where it is not working and I have to type information in by hand :( When the problem arises, I try multiple computers and none of them tag properly. Can you please provide some updated feedback on any problems with the servers? Thanks

Cheryl Wester
08-03-2010, 07:38 AM
The Music ID server is having some issues and they are working on this. It should ow be working for you.

profRoy
01-13-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm using 3.98.08.20.2010
Got the same problems. In fact this is making the application completely unusable. Impossible to stop it repeatedly throwing up the alert and trying to tag tracks that have already been manually edited. HOPELESS!

In fact as it stands, the program is now pretty much completely useless.
OK, eat humble pie. Now switched off auto-tagging...
Spit our humble pie. Despite tagging switched off the godd@mned warning still occurring.trying to tag manually inhibited by
Add more irritation. Trying to tag manually is inhibited by the program trying to access the external server.

Replay Music is effectively useless at this stage.

Cheryl Wester
01-13-2011, 12:24 PM
There is an issue with the music ID server. It is being worked on.

wvkawboy
01-17-2011, 06:41 AM
There is an issue with the music ID server. It is being worked on.

Hope it gets fixed soon, I still had trouble last night on Jan.16th. :(

rudawg52
01-17-2011, 08:02 AM
I also had trouble last night, Jan 16th 2011, does anyone here get a song split into 3 different time frames i.e. a 5 minute song was placed into 3 separate songs. Very annoying, makes the download useless. I download from the Rhapsody website. And it also didn't tag the song at all, I had to manually put the title and all the other info myself. Any help is appriciated. Thanks.

wvkawboy
01-17-2011, 09:55 AM
I also had trouble last night, Jan 16th 2011, does anyone here get a song split into 3 different time frames i.e. a 5 minute song was placed into 3 separate songs. Very annoying, makes the download useless. I download from the Rhapsody website. And it also didn't tag the song at all, I had to manually put the title and all the other info myself. Any help is appriciated. Thanks.

I record from Pandora & I had a song split into 2 separate songs, I believe the one I was listening to did have a split second slight pause in the song where it was dead quiet & then picked up again while RM thought it was 2 different songs. I wonder where in the Settings you can change a number where it wouldn't split so quickly?

Cheryl Wester
01-17-2011, 07:52 PM
You are able to go into the settings. Under splitting select the box that says to ignore auto.

wvkawboy
01-18-2011, 05:41 AM
You are able to go into the settings. Under splitting select the box that says to ignore auto.

Alright, thanks.

Delta21
11-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Nov. 28, 2011
I have been a user of Replay Music for some time and recently upgraded to the new version 4.05.
The problem that I am having is the same - the Unable to contact music identification server for tagging.
I have never had this problem in the past and from the looks of these threads I am not alone with this
problem.
Cheryl has indicated that it is their server change that caused the problem and an earlier thread indicated that
it was fixed now. Well it is not. I am using Windows 7 with Comcast as my ISP.
Can anyone tell me if Support is still working on this issue of if they have given up?
I really like the program and I want to continue to be able to use it..........if possible.:(

Cheryl Wester
11-28-2011, 07:46 PM
If you are continuing to have this issue do let us know in tech support. Thanks.