PDA

View Full Version : how to record with rmc I cant

robbennett
08-08-2008, 07:40 AM
I keep trying to record a flash player song and nothing shows up Ive closed windows and tried it again over and over what am I doing wrong

Tasha Heinlein
08-08-2008, 07:42 AM
Open Media Catcher
Click "Start Recording"
Open your browser and go to the site you want to capture from.

If you are still having problems can you please open a support ticket? Thank you.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

robbennett
08-08-2008, 08:25 AM
will it show anything that it is recording other than "recording"? I keep trying to record but cant tell if it is doing anything

Andy Heinlein
08-08-2008, 10:39 AM
What program are you using? Are you using Replay Media Catcher or Freecorder? It sounds like you are using Freecorder.

Also, what site are you trying to record from?

robbennett
08-08-2008, 02:42 PM
replay media catcher I got it to record once but it wasnt finished when I stopped now it wont record from the myspace page

Andy Heinlein
08-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Sometimes media gets cached in your browsers temp files. The best thing to try would be:

1) Close media catcher
2) Delete your browsers temp files
3) Close your browser
4) Open media catcher
5) Click Start Recording
6) Open your browser and go back to the page

goldwings98se
08-08-2008, 04:28 PM
I keep trying to record a flash player song and nothing shows up Ive closed windows and tried it again over and over what am I doing wrong

I have had this problem a couple of times. If what Andy recommended does not work you may have to get more drastic and clean out the Content.IE5 folder found in Documents and Settings\{USERNAME}\My Documents\Application Data\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 but this is not :( something you can just delete. You will need to restart your PC in safe mode and log on as the Administrator OR as a seperate user with Admin Rights.

You then can navigate to that folder and delete the index.dat file. You can also delete the folders inside that directory.

What happens is sometimes that index file can get corrupt and it will sometimes prevent getting flash player streams. It is not any Applian products that cause that file to get corrupt but rather a :mad: window$ problem.

After you delete the index you simply reboot the pc, log back in and you should be good to go. :D

Cheryl Wester
08-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the additionall information. We do appreciate it.