PDA

View Full Version : Rhapsody not Recording in Windows 7 x64

Lapper
11-21-2009, 09:42 AM
I just upgraded to Windows 7 (64 bit) and I can't get music to record from Rhapsody. It worked fine with XP. My firewall is set to except Replay Music (ver 3.92) and my audio device is set to 'what u hear' (Creative SB X-Fi). The VU meter is working but it won't capture the audio...nothing appears in the track information box. Has anyone else seen this or know how to fix it?

plkommer
11-22-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm having the same problem. This is a big deal for me as this is where I have always recorded my music.

Cheryl Wester
12-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Use the audio driver and not what you hear. Also, run the program with administrative rights. You are not using the latest version of the program so do uninstall and reboot prior to installing the latest version.

JefZX
12-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Use the audio driver and not what you hear. Also, run the program with administrative rights. You are not using the latest version of the program so do uninstall and reboot prior to installing the latest version.

Audio driver is the only option, so this is not the solution.

You need to disable User Account Control to use Replay Music with Windows 7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could not get Replay 7 to work with Windows 7 until a helpful poster pointed this out. To disable User Account Control in Windows 7 do the following:

Open Control Panel; click on User Accounts and Family Safety; click on User Accounts; click on Change User Account Control settings; move bar down to Never Inform Me Never Notfiy (About Changes to My Computer); restart.

Microsoft says on this page that this is not recommended. "Chose this only if you need to use programs that are not certified for Windows 7 because they do not support User Account Control."

Appears Applian needs to edit its program to certify it to Windows 7. In the mean time, it should inform users of this needed action.