PDA

View Full Version : Converts then fails: Unable to author DVD. Source files may be corrupt (Windows 7)

flightplanner
11-20-2009, 11:29 AM
This used to work just fine but now it doesn't.

I use Replay Media Catcher to get flv files.
I then use my paid-for Replay Converter to convert the flv files and burn them on DVD.

I did install Windows 7 last week.

Downloaded a new copy of RMC and installed.
It does catch video and replays via the viewer.
So far so good.

Re-installed the Replay Converter from my disc.

When I run the Converter, it goes through the conversion process for each of the files on the input list.

Then the DVD/CD Burn Wizard starts.

It goes to the Author DVD step.

I then get an error message of:
UNABLE TO AUTHOR DVD. SOURCE FILES MAY BE CORRUPT.

The process then stops and closes.

I don't believe it is W7 related.

I have tried it from the very start several times with the same result.

Anybody???

Thanks in advance.

Cheryl Wester
11-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Did you update the drivers on your DVD when you updated to Windows 7? If not give that a try. Also, try a different file to convert and burn. It could be that the file itself is using a different codec.

carlobee
11-29-2009, 08:26 PM
I would think initially too that it has something to do with the file you are converting. You might as well try doing that to another file and see if it works.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

antipas
12-08-2009, 01:19 AM
Hello,

I have the exact same problem. On windows Xp, on two different computers. Originally with FLV files but I have also tried other formats.

I am out to give out :/ I would really appreaciate any help, please

Cheryl Wester
12-08-2009, 10:18 AM
If you are having a problem load the file in your converter. Right mouse click and select Troubleshoot and try the various options there. See if that makes a difference. If it doesn't then contact tech support as a log file will be needed.

Fernando Pavao
12-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Hello,

I have the exact same problem. On windows vista, but I have also tried other formats.
I would really appreaciate any help, please.:confused: