PDA

View Full Version : Replay A/V's installer should check installed versions for Replay Converter, WinPcap, YouSendIt

emacee1701
11-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Sometimes the latest version of stand-alone Replay Converter is more recent than the version bundled with Replay A/V. Replay A/V's installer should check installed versions for Replay Converter, WinPcap, YouSendIt. Also if I choose to skip RC installation, the installer just quits. It should skip to the next part of the install routine instead.

Cheryl Wester
11-20-2009, 10:21 AM
If you use the Replay Director (free) it does let you know the latest version of every program you have. Give that a try. It is a free download. Download AV and it will ask you if you want to install it. It does that on most of our programs.

emacee1701
12-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks, Cheryl. I didn't know about Director. When I purchased Capture Suite, the programs were downloaded and installed individually and I've been doing updates for the individual apps since then. Maybe there are other long time Capture Suite users, like me, who don't know about Director. Once you purchase the suite, you don't have much occasion to go back to the purchase Capture Suite page (which is the only mention of Director I found).

emacee1701
05-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Hi, Cheryl. I just did an update to Replay AV - after checking Applian Director and seeing 8.80 had been released. It's still a pain to start the install and see the reminder message to uninstall the old version - and then go through to install Replay Converter (even though that didn't need updating) and see the reminder to uninstall again. Please, a few lines of code could make this a lot simpler: The install program automatically uninstalls the current version of RAV, the checks to see if RC needs updating and if it does, uninstalls that. Then it reboots (with a warning in case the user needs to save something) and installs RAV and - if needed - RC. Who remembers to the uninstall before they start the install app? Keeping track of little tasks like this is what software is for.