PDA

View Full Version : recording breaking up

greydoor11
11-18-2009, 12:05 AM
when recording stream from internet radio, lately the recording has been splitting on its own at various places (10 min, 8 min, 2 min 15 min, etc.). I lose parts of the recording at these splits. Tried no splits, 1 hr splits but nothing works same story. Any help?

Cheryl Wester
11-18-2009, 07:49 AM
What link are you recording? Are you using stream capture or audio capture? We need more information in ordeer to help.

greydoor11
11-18-2009, 07:57 AM
stream capture

greydoor11
11-18-2009, 08:09 AM
copied url from the station, RV 8 starts recording at correct time but breakup occurs at random times...in a 2 hour stretch it will breakup half dozen times with various breaks in recording of undetermined lengths then start recording again until session is over - also the "after recording convert to" box on the basic tab, the only choice I get is "do nothing" even though the output box, on the output tab, is checked to put in itunes. I have to close rv8 then reopen before conversion takes place - don't know if that plays into the problem

Shpenny
11-18-2009, 04:23 PM
I've had this same problem since the beginning of November and was told the problem was on my end. I changed nothing between the end of October and the beginning of November. Even with the 8.72 upgrade I'm still having the same problem: I stream record the Stern show each day for 6 hours and my recordings are being split up into 10 to 18 segments. I've tried tweaking the "Stream Capture Time Out" and even set it to "Nothing - Leave as is" after the recording has ended with no success. I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. I've been using Replay AV for three years with no problems, but now it's become a nuisance for me.

Hope you have better luck than I did at finding a solution.