PDA

View Full Version : mediacatcher.exe crashing repeatedly (musicdnslib.dll error)

jolville
11-16-2009, 05:23 PM
First time poster after buying yesterday. I am using RMC on the Kelbytraining.com site. Fully registered for both the RMC and the Kelby site. The Kelby site has separate files / chapters for each part of the training shows, typically ten per show, with an option to play continuously which would be very handy if using RMC. However RMC does capture the first chapter (no matter which one) and then at the start of the second one.

The specific error codes have been sent to applian thru the dialog box. The dll in question is musicdnslib.dll and the full error code is

AppName: mediacatcher.exe AppVer: 3.11.0.0 ModName: musicdnslib.dll
ModVer: 1.9.0.0 Offset: 0000365d

Help greatly appreciated as the usefulness of RMC will be greatly diminished if I need to be able to click record every 2 minutes.

stream-recorder.com
11-17-2009, 11:13 AM
Please try the following:
Go to Tools -> Settings and uncheck "Look up, tag and rename files automatically"

maxrenn
11-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Same here, always crashing when trying to connect to the tag server.
Only works when doing what streamRecorder advised.
So i uninstalled this version, re-installed the 3.02 and i'm waiting for a new update.

maxrenn
11-25-2009, 04:35 AM
When re-installed, the 3.02 works great. But strangely the tag process does not seem to involve "Genpuid" anymore.
Before, i had to allow that through my firewall at each recording session.
I'm satisfied to be able to use RMC again but if Applian released an upgraded version there's probably a reason.
So i would like to know if they understand why the latest version crashes everytime it tries to tag a recorded file.
(If it can help i'm using XP SP2 , IE8 and i've allowed RMC to have complete access to the net).
Bye.

k1deu
01-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Same issue here. After recording u-tube file correctly, sound announces completion and crashes with musicdnslib.dll as problem.

The workaround above does not work here...

Anyone have the older file to try overwriting with ? Dr. John IT

Win XP SP3 Firefox 3.5.7 Replay media catcher 3.11.0.0

Previous ver 3.1 did not crash !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!