PDA

View Full Version : RVC and Blu-Ray DVDs

Warrant
11-14-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm using a Zotac GeForce 9600 GT (512) video card which doesn't have an option in display properties/troubleshooting to disable acceleration. I can capture cable box HD video fine, but when I try to capture the Blu-Ray version of Babylon AD I get a blank screen. Audio is good. My CPU is an AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core, if that matters. 4MB RAM.:confused:

carlobee
11-15-2009, 07:32 PM
I have also never tried capturing a Blu-Ray format. would want to know this one too. also, you are probably saying 4GB of RAM and not 4MB. :D

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

Warrant
11-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Sorry. You can see the time I posted. I was pretty tired. You're correct. 4 GB RAM. I've been looking for a program that will let me copy a Blu-Ray DVD into one file. RVC has the right idea, but can't do it yet I guess. I'm bummed.

stream-recorder.com
11-16-2009, 03:23 AM
What OS do you have? What driver do you use for you video card?

Cheryl Wester
11-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Also, try a different player to see if that will work for you. Often, if it won't work with one player it will work with another.

Warrant
11-16-2009, 04:14 PM
What OS do you have? What driver do you use for you video card? I use Vista Ultimate 32 bit, and I can truthfully say I've never ever had a problem with it because I use PCDOC Pro to keep it running smoothly. Video driver is the latest nVidia driver version (8.16.11.9107) dated 9/27/09.

Warrant
11-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Also, try a different player to see if that will work for you. Often, if it won't work with one player it will work with another.

I used both ArcSoft Extreme Media and Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 Ultimate. They individually give me the option of disabling video acceleration, which I did. As I said, I can record HD from the cable box but not Blu-Ray discs.

stream-recorder.com
11-17-2009, 04:18 AM
Hollywood even demanded that PowerDVD and WinDVD take the function of taking image screencaps out of their players and both caved in and did it. PowerDVD forced hardware acceleration above 2911, so you can't disable it and use screen capture software to record from PowerDVD and WinDVD. And most probably you can't record from screen when playing Blu-ray disc with ArcSoft Extreme Media either.

You can play Blu-ray discs with MPlayer and Media Player Classic, but you need to remove protection from your Blu-ray disc first using software like AnyDVD HD (http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html?aid=50533). Players like MPlayer and Media Player Classic may support AACS and BD+ decryption in the future.