PDA

View Full Version : Can't log into Sirius

moxnet
11-14-2009, 01:06 PM
I have Replay AV8 Version 8.43. It recorded Sirius Online fine until today.

I tried downloading 8.71 and had the exact same error.

The error I am getting is "error: couldn't parse login page".

This week I upgraded to the premium internet account with Sirius...could this be related.

wpicha
11-14-2009, 01:08 PM
I have the same issue today. I've always had the premium service with Sirius, and upgraded to Replay 8.71 earlier this week. Everything worked fine until today. I can login using the Sirius player with no issues.

Hopefully it's a temporary problem.

prepboy111
11-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Same Exact Message Here. Just bought the program an hour ago. Haven't been able to use it yet. Dissappointing at best. Hope it is temporary or something simple I am doing wrong. I submitted a tech support ticket.

Tasha Heinlein
11-14-2009, 02:45 PM
Are you using an email address to log-in or an account name?

cwc
11-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Same problem here. I think Sirius did something on their end to stop the logins maybe?

tigercat74
11-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Can't log in either

wa2zjz
11-14-2009, 04:36 PM
that option is not working here to. That is very disappointing because they had a good guest tonight on sirius left abt Sam Adams.

Phreaker47
11-15-2009, 01:33 AM
I can confirm, Sirius made changes today to Sirius Online. The URLs have changed, as well as the way your are logged in.

Currently, *ALL* third party apps that access Sirius are broken today, even Sirius' own iPhone app!

Jaybe
11-15-2009, 02:12 AM
Hello. Same problem here. I was able to login and record Sirius programming with Replay AV8 (not completely sure which specific version) as recently as Friday morning 11-13-09, but as of Sunday morning 2:00 AM, I am getting the same error messages that have been reported here in this forum. Tasha, I am using an account name and password to login to Sirius, if that information is helpful to you. I didn’t know you can use an email address to login. And if you can, I don’t know how. I’m just using the “channel, login, and password” entries in the “Basic” tab of the “Edit Show Properties” dialog box.

I just upgraded to Replay AV8.71 after I discovered the problem, but that did not fix the login issue.

I know when Sirius has changed their login procedure in the past it has taken Applian a few days to upgrade their software (which is fine and completely understandable; and rather fast, actually). Applian, would you be willing to post here the progress you are making with the Sirius login problem and a possible fix date? Thank you.

johnit99
11-15-2009, 04:02 AM
Same thing happened to me today ("couldn't parse login page" error when accessing Sirius) coinciding with my home network crash and antivirus software renewal. I have been on the computer all day trying to figure out what went wrong.....wish I had read this first.

Tasha Heinlein
11-15-2009, 11:29 AM
I have passed this info on to the developer. We are currently looking into this. I will keep you updated as I hear back from him. Thank you.

jss92
11-15-2009, 04:27 PM
I have Replay AV8 Version 8.43. It recorded Sirius Online fine until today.

I tried downloading 8.71 and had the exact same error.

The error I am getting is "error: couldn't parse login page".

This week I upgraded to the premium internet account with Sirius...could this be related.

Same problem here - worked great through Friday (last scheduled recording) and now won't connect - same error message.

Cheryl Wester
11-15-2009, 04:56 PM
We are aware of this issue and it has been passed on to the developer. Thank you for your patience regarding this.

bmack2000
11-15-2009, 05:16 PM
This happens every few months or so, when Sirius changes the login process. Usually Applian has it fixed (with a patch) in a few days.

Codogan
11-16-2009, 06:55 AM
Will we get some news/ help with this?

jgatie
11-16-2009, 07:04 AM
Also waiting on a fix for this. It has happened before and the fix was in place in a couple days, so I'm sure they are working on it.

Cheryl Wester
11-16-2009, 10:03 AM
If it can be updated it will be. Also, if you download the Replay Director, free, it will let you know when we do have an update. You get the director by downloading AV. When you are finished downloading AV it will ask you if you want the Director. Thanks.

ethanernest
11-16-2009, 01:31 PM
re:
Cheryl Wester
Applian Staff

If it can be updated it will be. Also, if you download the Replay Director, free, it will let you know when we do have an update. Thanks.

post a link to download Replay Director as there is no obvious location... i've searched your site for 'replay director' and found nothing

please advise

ee

dskirvin
11-16-2009, 01:32 PM
same thing here....as w/ jaybe i also use my account name etc. to login to sirius. last time this happened it was on sirius' end...hope applian gets a fix quick! although i did find that i can record using the "capture by recording audio output", as well as login from the sirius site...hopes this helps a lil.

DaveStar
11-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Good thing I looked here before submitting a ticket. Thanks for letting us know that you guys are working on it. I launched the director product and waiting for the update to come in. Thanks

11-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Applian Administrator,

I am a recently new user of your software and, like many users, use it almost exclusively to capture Sirius broadcasts. Would it be possible for Applian to make arrangements with Sirius to be alerted to changes to the login process so that you have time to react and update your software accordingly?

Thanks!

willieee
11-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Same problem here. I didn't realize how dependent I am on Replay A.V!!!...I am out of my mind today without it!!! aaahghh! Oh well, sounds like Applian is on top of it....

scruffychris
11-16-2009, 07:47 PM
Cheryl Wester:

Does this mean that I will have to purchase a new version? or will the fix be free?

I'm very happy with the version I have (8.41, i think) and don't want to purchase a new version to fix a problem such as this. I pay plenty to Sirius each month and $40 (if i recall correctly) for Replay A/V when I purchased it. I hope we won't be "required" to spend more money to fix this issue

lcme
11-16-2009, 09:13 PM
If it can be updated it will be. Also, if you download the Replay Director, free, it will let you know when we do have an update. Thanks.

Cheryl,
Where in Replay Director will the update notice be posted. I don't see anywhere that updates are posted there?
Thanks

vacuous
11-16-2009, 09:33 PM
I coudln't resist throwing in my two cents. I've been a very happy Applian customer for years and Sirius does this from time to time. In the past they have been very responsive to getting a fix released and I trust they will again.

I do also want to say to those who have mentioned having to (possibly) pay for an upgrade. In the past Applian has been able to issue fixes without forcing people into a paid-upgrade.

That being said: One reason i've a very loyal Applian user is they have always been very good at offering very aggressive discounts to their existing users to upgrade to a newer product.

rmaverick
11-16-2009, 09:41 PM
I was unable to dl the replay director as the moderator suggested, without purchasing another Applian product. She should mention this when telling people to dl it.

Same problem by the way- error couldn't parse...

Does anyone here know how to connect yahoo widgets up so that I can record stern in the interum?

thanx in advance

Kilo
11-16-2009, 11:16 PM
Same problem here. Had AV8 for months and worked perfectly until today. Are we getting any answers or ETA on when this issue will be fixed?

vacuous
11-17-2009, 01:30 AM
Same problem here. Had AV8 for months and worked perfectly until today. Are we getting any answers or ETA on when this issue will be fixed?

I haven't seen any ETA given. Last time I recall this happening (about a year ago) the fix took 4 or 5 days. I hope it's faster, and I sure hope Sirius isn't making it TOO difficult on Applian's programmers.

estie
11-17-2009, 05:56 AM
Same problem here. Stopped working yesterday...

dskirvin
11-17-2009, 08:03 AM
version 8.71 has another glitch....when "caputre by recording audio output" is chosen, the url is missing. i recorded yesterday using this method on version 8.52 and it worked fine. hope we get this login w/ sirius worked out soon, but until then i suggest anyone wanting to record their sirius to use an older version and record audio output....

mcrofut
11-17-2009, 08:10 AM
I cannot locate Replay Director. Can you post the download link? Thanks.

Also, Applian has been great in the past in releasing fixes to Replay AV when Sirius makes a change to their streaming service.

Cheryl Wester
11-17-2009, 09:12 AM
When you download Replay AV it is going to give you the option of downloading the director. I do not have a separate link for just the director. Sorry for the confusion regarding this. We don't have a date for when it will be updated as of yet.

cjlemke10
11-17-2009, 10:55 AM
I have read that SelectRadio has already come up with a change that has fixed the login issues. I am wondering whether a fix will be coming soon? I only recently downloaded the player without the knowledge of the login issue.

Tasha Heinlein
11-17-2009, 12:54 PM
The developer is aware and is working on this. We will let you know as soon as a fix is available.

jgatie
11-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Here's a link to the last time it happened:

http://forum.applian.com//showthread.php?t=510&highlight=Sirius+login

Time elapse from problem posted to confirmed solution:

08-29-2008, 06:29 AM

-To-

09-03-2008, 06:34 PM

So use the workarounds and give it a couple days.

compuboy04
11-17-2009, 02:33 PM
For everyone who is really upset about this:
Let me start by saying that I am having the same exact problem and found this thread this morning when I went to look for a fix.
Yes this has happened several times in the past and every time we have a fix in a few days.

Applian makes the best software I have found to date to record audio streams from Sirius radio. We are all missing our favorite programs right now and complaining will not help. What we should be doing is thanking Applian Technologies for continuing to develop such a great one-of-a-kind app and offering free patches every time Sirius “breaks” something.

vacuous
11-17-2009, 03:24 PM
I cannot locate Replay Director. Can you post the download link? Thanks.

Also, Applian has been great in the past in releasing fixes to Replay AV when Sirius makes a change to their streaming service.

When this sirius issue started the first thing I did was re-install. When I did this one of the steps asks you if you'd like to install Director. Previously I said 'no' to this.

I BELIEVE If you want director you'd just need to run the installer again and answer yes at that step. All of my shows were still present after the re-install.

bmack2000
11-17-2009, 05:24 PM
I coudln't resist throwing in my two cents. I've been a very happy Applian customer for years and Sirius does this from time to time. In the past they have been very responsive to getting a fix released and I trust they will again.

I do also want to say to those who have mentioned having to (possibly) pay for an upgrade. In the past Applian has been able to issue fixes without forcing people into a paid-upgrade.

That being said: One reason i've a very loyal Applian user is they have always been very good at offering very aggressive discounts to their existing users to upgrade to a newer product.

Well said. I've been an Applian user for years as well, and yes, they do offer aggressive discounts to existing users. I think they offer some of the best values in software around. And they've always gotten the Sirius issue fixed in a matter of days. Bur keep in mind that Sirius is interested in blocking automated logins, which is probably why they change the process every so often.

Bobbo
11-17-2009, 05:51 PM
ME TOO
I am hoping that the powers to be will update this thread when an update is available for us mortals.

willieee
11-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Two days and counting...I read one post that suggests we "thank" Applian because this has happened "several times" before and they fix it after a few days. Hmmm...sure wish I'd have known this track-record prior to purchase. I do love Replay AV but this is b.s....

Cheryl Wester
11-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Stay tuned people. We are getting close;)

Flat_Timmy
11-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Here's a link to the last time it happened:

http://forum.applian.com//showthread.php?t=510&highlight=Sirius+login

Time elapse from problem posted to confirmed solution:

08-29-2008, 06:29 AM

-To-

09-03-2008, 06:34 PM

So use the workarounds and give it a couple days.

Downloaded Yahoo Widgets and then Siri Widget - Can't Login. Retyped Username & password - No luck. Removed Siri Widget and Reinstalled - Again Nothing.

mcrofut
11-17-2009, 10:44 PM
The developer of the Sirius tuner for Yahoo! Widgets is also getting burned by the change Sirius made to their internet streaming service.

Replay AV is still the best option available for recording Sirius programming.

Jaybe
11-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Stay tuned people. We are getting close;)

Thank you, Cheryl, that's encouraging. I do appreciate your posting here with that information.

Cheryl Wester
11-18-2009, 07:47 AM
We do have an upgrade available.
http://www.applian.com/replay-av/demo.php

jgatie
11-18-2009, 07:48 AM
The fix is now on the update page.

As far as the criticism is concerned, let me remind people that the reason these things happen is because Sirius XM does NOT want most 3rd party applications logging into their servers. They go out of their way to NOT inform the widget programmers and companies like Applian about changes to the login script. They'd much rather you login via the Sirius website. Companies that are affiliated with Sirius get the new login information well in advance, or they have their own login servers (for instance, my Sonos system logged in just fine over the weekend), but 3rd party developers are SOL and thus have to re-engineer their login sequence via a sniffer. This re-engineering can take a day or two, so hence the delay.

So let me be the first (and possibly only) one to say - From a fellow developer, thanks for a quick response Tasha, Cheryl and crew!

kalon74
11-18-2009, 07:59 AM

What should users of version 8.43 do? If we reinstall 8.43 from the link above will that fix the Sirius login problem?

Thanks,

Mike

Jaybe
11-18-2009, 08:35 AM

Thank you, Cheryl, Tasha, and everybody at Applian for the fix and update! I do deeply appreciate it and all you do.

Be well.

Tasha Heinlein
11-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks! ...though I didn't fix it myself ;)

compuboy04
11-18-2009, 09:38 AM
Just installed the latest version and it's workign again. You guys are the reason I continue to pay for Sirius online. Thanks for a GREAT product and continued free updates! Please never go anywhere!

To anyone ranting about how this is "bullshit" you should be mad at Sirius. They are the ones causing this problem.

cjlemke10
11-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Just downloaded ... great to see it is working again. Thanks!

kalon74
11-18-2009, 11:23 AM
What should users of version 8.43 do? If we reinstall 8.43 from the link above will that fix the Sirius login problem?

Thanks,

Mike

Well not having received a reply, I tried downloading and installed 8.43 again. It didn't fix the problem. I'm assuiming I will need to pay for the upgrade to get the Sirius fix. Is this right?

jgrierden
11-18-2009, 11:28 AM
I also have version 8.43 and have downloaded the new fix, rebooted, but I still cannot record Sirius directly. Please clarify if we must purchase the newer version.

mconnor
11-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Cheryl et al, thanks much for your quick turnaround for putting a out a new build of AV. I have to give credit to your product teams for resolving this issue and pushing the fix out to your customers relatively quickly!

I work at a large IT company, so I am utterly amazed at quick to the end user hot fixes by smaller companies.

Again, kudos to your excellent team and great products!

All of you naysayer goons who screamed at Applian for this problem...this was ALL DUE TO CHANGES SIRIUS MADE :p

Heh I re-installed my version of Replay last night, and upon launch Sirius took me to a URL that launched a PDF showing their EULA regarding recorded content. If sirius has a problem w/ me putting the mp3 files I make on my own ipod, I'd drop them in a second. Their service is a luxury item. In the days of podcasts, bittorrent, etc. it's easy to get free media. I would hope that they'd want their customers to have flexibility that they'd want and support 3rd party products like Replay. I would never file share my recordings, but I like flexibility in listening to my shows.

willieee
11-18-2009, 01:43 PM
If Sirius does not cooperate with Applian, what good is Replay AV? I realize that this was an issue created by Sirius, but I don't want to be continuously caught in the middle and have disruptions of service. I'm mad at Sirius for undermining a substantial amount of their subscribership.
Mel Karmazin is really clueless. If it weren't for the Stern and Bubba shows, I'd be outta there...

rmaverick
11-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Cheryl, can you please send me a link for the cheapest upgrade so that I can record Sirius again? The link you sent only lets you record for five minutes, i.e. its useless, and I can't pay full price for the same software I already bought a year ago.

Please let us know the best options rather than posting a link for a new product we have to pay full price for to get what we already had before the most recent problem.

compuboy04
11-18-2009, 02:51 PM
If Sirius does not cooperate with Applian, what good is Replay AV? I realize that this was an issue created by Sirius, but I don't want to be continuously caught in the middle and have disruptions of service. I'm mad at Sirius for undermining a substantial amount of their subscribership.
Mel Karmazin is really clueless. If it weren't for the Stern and Bubba shows, I'd be outta there...

I would hardly call about 6 business days a year "constant disruptions of service." I agree tho, Sirius needs to get their act together. I'm suprised something like Replay AV is even necessary. Many FM stations have shows on podcasts, why not Sirius? If they are so broke why not offer mp3 download of content for $3 more a month? I would pay!

As I see it, if we want to be able to make Sirius content portable and dont want to purchase a $200+ Stiletto2 this is the best game in town.

andym
11-18-2009, 02:57 PM
I am having a different but probably related issue when I login to Sirius.

If I right click on a station and select "tune to station" replay tuner opens and logs into sirius but the station is not slected, I have to manually select the channel.

I first noticed this on Monday and have been following this thread waiting for the update. I have installed 8.72 and the issue is still there.

Is this the same issue or should I raise a ticket for it?

wpicha
11-18-2009, 04:18 PM
Back in business - thanks!

scruffychris
11-18-2009, 05:12 PM
before i install this, i have a few questions. i'm a 8.4.3 user, will i have to "repay" for this new version?
is it not possible to release a hot fix or patch for current users?
like, why not just release a new version of the file SatelliteLogin.exe (if it's that simple)?

Cheryl Wester
11-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Due to the number of fixes we've done to Replay AV since September 2008, adding this one fix to an older version simply wasn't an option. The latest version of Replay AV includes several other enhancements and maintenance fixes as well.

Here is the link to our Upgrade and Update Policy:
http://www.applian.com/support-upgrade_policy.php

If you own 8.5 or newer then the upgrade is free for you. If you need further assistance please contact us at tech support so we can look up individual records. Thanks for understanding. We are pleased with the fast turn around that our developers did on this!

OTACORB
11-19-2009, 02:20 AM
I upgraded from 8.43 awhile back and the upgrade cost was $9.95. Come on guys, just do the freaking upgrade! Applian Tech needs the funds to keep supporting this great product.

Thanks for the fix guys! It's all good again.

vacuous
11-19-2009, 03:34 AM
before i install this, i have a few questions. i'm a 8.4.3 user, will i have to "repay" for this new version?
is it not possible to release a hot fix or patch for current users?
like, why not just release a new version of the file SatelliteLogin.exe (if it's that simple)?

I'm not affiliated with Applian, but i had 8.43 when this problem started, I upgraded to 8.71 before i found this thread. Now I upgraded to 8.72 and i lost no settings, and my shows are recording properly.

Thanks Applian!!!!

|Jordan|
11-19-2009, 07:02 AM
I downloaded and installed 8.72 and i still get login errors when i try recording from Sirius Canada.

See the error below:

Unable to tune to XM/Sirius feed error: couldn't parse login page

Will this be fixed?

jgatie
11-19-2009, 08:08 AM
If Sirius does not cooperate with Applian, what good is Replay AV?

What good is Replay A/V? Is the fact that it records Sirius radio as a bit-for-bit perfect stream, live or via a schedule, then converts the files, tags the files, and imports them into iTunes, and works 99% of the time, the only exception being when Sirius screws up every 3rd party Sirius tuner that exists (not to mention its very own iPhone app) not good enough for you?

You can't be serious. :confused:

jgrierden
11-19-2009, 08:38 AM
For over the last year A/V Replayer has been able to simultaneously record 2 AM radio stations and 2 Sirius stations. It's quite a work horse ! Sirius does not allow us to listen to 2 stations on the internet stream, but somehow Applian managed it.
I just wish Applian was upfront + told us that we have to pay for the fix, so I would not have spent 2 hours trying to get the free fix to work. I previously had version 8.43.

Tasha Heinlein
11-19-2009, 11:58 AM
The paid upgrade has been out for quite awhile now. If you were already using the latest version this was a free update. It's not that we charged for fixing the Sirius issue, it's that we were only able to update the latest version of the program. We do not charge upgrade fees very often and when we do it is because our developers have a put a LOT of time and effort into making a better program. I realize it may be frustrating if you have not updated to this point - but it is well worth the small fee that we charge. :)

|Jordan|
11-19-2009, 12:10 PM
The paid upgrade has been out for quite awhile now. If you were already using the latest version this was a free update. It's not that we charged for fixing the Sirius issue, it's that we were only able to update the latest version of the program. We do not charge upgrade fees very often and when we do it is because our developers have a put a LOT of time and effort into making a better program. I realize it may be frustrating if you have not updated to this point - but it is well worth the small fee that we charge. :)

It might be working for Sirius USA, but its not working for Sirius Canada. Will you fix it? Or screw us canadians?

Cheryl Wester
11-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Jordan, please contact me by private message. If you would share your Canadian login we will give it to the developer to look at. This is the first we have heard of a Canadian issue. Thanks.

|Jordan|
11-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Jordan, please contact me by private message. If you would share your Canadian login we will give it to the developer to look at. This is the first we have heard of a Canadian issue. Thanks.

Ok, sent!

icarl
11-20-2009, 02:13 AM
It might be working for Sirius USA, but its not working for Sirius Canada. Will you fix it? Or screw us canadians?

It has stopped working for me too in Sirius Canada. It hasn't worked since November 18th. I get "error: couldn't parse login page". I just upgraded to the latest version 8.73 but it did not fix my issue.

Cheryl Wester
11-20-2009, 06:48 AM
We updated a version last night that should also work for Canada. Please give it a try and you should be up and running. Thanks.

icarl
11-20-2009, 08:52 AM
We updated a version last night that should also work for Canada. Please give it a try and you should be up and running. Thanks.

Where do I download this version? I downloaded and installed the latest version again from downloads this morning but I still get the same error. Is this canadian version at the same download location?

linnie447
11-20-2009, 09:55 AM
Thanks so much for the Sirius fix. Works great, and just in time for the Met Opera live Trittico tonight.....:)

Cheryl Wester
11-20-2009, 10:14 AM
This is the link.
Replay AV (http://www.applian.com/replay-av/demo.php) Let us know in tech support if you do have a problem so we can test it. If that is the case please send me your login info with the ticket as we don't have a Canadian account.

|Jordan|
11-20-2009, 11:04 AM
It works for me too!

Huge thanks for the fast fix!

icarl
11-20-2009, 12:24 PM
This is the link.
Replay AV (http://www.applian.com/replay-av/demo.php) Let us know in tech support if you do have a problem so we can test it. If that is the case please send me your login info with the ticket as we don't have a Canadian account.

Thanks for the link. It is working now. Thanks!

ggood19
11-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Works great. Really appreciate the quick fix and information. Thanks

Cheryl Wester
11-24-2009, 10:35 AM
The developer has another update for this. Uninstall what you have and reboot prior to installing and you will be able to tune to it at the same time as you are recording.

Replay AV (http://www.applian.com/replay-av/demo.php)