PDA

View Full Version : Cant play asf video captured using replay media catcher from www.learner.org

jschlayb
11-14-2009, 04:32 AM
Using Replay Media Catcher version 3.11 and trying to record and eventually convert the "Western Tradition" series to DVD: http://www.learner.org/resources/series58.html#

RMC grabs the streams just fine when the little viedo player starts up n the PC and saves .asf files on my computer, however when I tried to view them, all I have is audio (Windows Media Player) and when using GOM, it appears to start and then just stops. It also appears to be inconsistent as well as I believe one of the videos did play for me (# 4 in the list on the web site above).

Now here's the kicker - I have been an applian user for years, getting my first product in 2005. If I use your earlier product, WM Recorder version 12.0, I can copy the URL for each of these movies, and download a .wmv of the same thing, and the movies play in Windows Media Player perfectly! I have yet to try and convert them to mpeg4 to burn a DVD but will try that shortly using your Replay Converter product.

Tasha Heinlein
11-14-2009, 10:05 AM
We do not recommend using Media Catcher for capturing Windows Media streams. WM Recorder or Replay AV are the best programs for this format.