PDA

View Full Version : Unable to record track - please free up some space

dodgeyrog
08-06-2008, 12:52 AM
I am trialling Replay Music recorder and it is great however - today it won't record any tracks and comes up with the error message

"Unable to record a track - please free up some space"

I have 4GB free on my laptop so not sure where the issue is?

Thanks

Roger

Cheryl Wester
08-06-2008, 07:45 AM
This can happen once in a while. If this happens make sure you are running the program with adminitrative rights. Also, move the location of the file folder where the recordings are going and that should take care of the problem.

agent4036
08-17-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm having the exact same issue. I'm running Replay Music in a VM environment using Parallels. I've got about 10GB of free space on the partition Windows is installed on, and I can install programs onto the C: partition with no problems. I've moved the recording to two different locations, one on C: and the other onto a folder on the Mac partition (which I can read and write to) Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheryl Wester
08-18-2008, 08:34 AM
You will need to run the "ClearReplayMusicSettings" utility that is located in your program files\replay music 3\ folder. After running that utility you may have to re-enter your registration code but Replay Music should be able to run after doing that.

Let me know if this doesn't get you up and running. If it doesn't please contact tech support for more detailed assistance.

elwood7771
09-02-2008, 10:27 AM
I was having the same problem. And I found a solution that helped me, so hopefully it will help others. Changing the -INPUT FOLDER- did NOT help as suggested above. So I had to try other options.

If you where like me, I had an old regestration code where I needed to install replayMUSIC 2 and then upgrage to replayMUSIC 3. I think this is where the problem manifested itself.

I went to the *\program files\replay music folder and noticed three folders!

/replay music
/replay music 2
/replay music 3

I simply DELETED the /replay music 3 folder and everything worked fine!!!:D
You might want to make sure the folder has little data in it first. It should be obvious. The replay music 3 folder I deleted had only two files in it. Whereas the other two had 20 or so files.

GOOD LUCK!

Bryan Elwood, Murrieta, California:cool: