PDA

View Full Version : Freecorder doesn't record (Windows Vista)

jremde
11-09-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm on Windows Vista. I downloaded the free version of Freecorder. But none of the files it creates have any sound. I tried recording streaming audio and also mp3's that I played on the computer. When I change Settings I get a message, "Most C-media sounds are unable to record". What does that mean? When I look at Control panel -> Sounds, it says "C-Media PCI Audio Device". I tried a couple other recorders and they don't record either. Is it the sound card or something else? Thanks!

Cheryl Wester
11-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Are you using the Toolbar or the desktop version. If you are using the desktop it does not work with Vista in most cases.

http://www.applian.com/support-vista.php

jremde
11-10-2009, 09:44 PM
I was using Freecorder desktop version.
I then tried installing the Ask and Record toolbar. That worked for recording streaming audio. It's the only tool I found so far that works with Windows Vista.

However now I have another problem. I tried recording a streaming audio (about 85 minutes) with Ask and Record, and found that it generated 233 separate mp3 files! How can I possibly splice all those files together into one mp3? I couldn't find any settings to prevent splitting into separate files.
Thanks for your help - Joel

stream-recorder.com
11-11-2009, 07:18 AM
However now I have another problem. I tried recording a streaming audio (about 85 minutes) with Ask and Record, and found that it generated 233 separate mp3 files! How can I possibly splice all those files together into one mp3? I couldn't find any settings to prevent splitting into separate files.
audio files split with Ask & Record Toolbar