PDA

View Full Version : Spotyfi Now Blocking RM??

TOFFEEMAN1878
11-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Every time I try to use RM on Spotyfi since this morning all attemps to record are blocked either by the site freezing or tracks only repeating the first few seconds,anyone else having this problem. I think Spotify have to downloaded some kind of patch to my pc ,I even tried to circumnavigate via Last FM but as soon as I opened RM,Spotify stopped.Could it be the new update I'm running version 3.90 of RM.

maxrenn
11-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Good evening, just testing now : everything works fine.
Recording and tagging normal.
RM version 3.90 and Spotify version 0.3.21 revision 56306 (non premium).

Your problem comes from something else (try uninstalling/reinstalling both programs).

Bye.

TOFFEEMAN1878
11-10-2009, 03:06 AM
Max,Spotify runs perfectly when RM is not on ,
My version of Spotify is 0.3.22 (revision)58364........Jim

maxrenn
11-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Hello, maybe you're right and the problem comes from your version of Spotify.
When i made the test the software updated itself but i kept my version which is still compatible with RM.
You could try googling to find my version and then test again.
Could be interesting to have the versions used by others that have your problem.

user1964
11-17-2009, 03:08 AM
Hmm? Does this mean that RM will no longer record spotify for new users. I'm a new spotify premium user and was just about to buy RM for this. But it looks like it's not going to do it anymore..... Is that correct?
Thanks

Cheryl Wester
11-17-2009, 09:23 AM
The best thing to do is give it a try and see if it is going to work. The demo will quickly let you know. We are not able to test it in the US.

user1964
11-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Okay it seems to work for me with spotify 0.3.22 (revision)58364. Thanks.

One question, how do I run RM offline? I would prefer to do this just in case spotify does detect the recorder present. Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
11-17-2009, 08:25 PM
You can't. It needs to work while you are connected. Thanks.

stream-recorder.com
11-18-2009, 04:54 AM
Okay it seems to work for me with spotify 0.3.22 (revision)58364. Thanks.

One question, how do I run RM offline? I would prefer to do this just in case spotify does detect the recorder present. Thanks.
You can use firewall to allow Replay Music to use Internet and block some other applications from accessing Internet.

user1964
11-18-2009, 05:35 AM
Thanks, Ill try that.

alex30
11-18-2009, 07:02 AM
Hi
Just to say I am using version 3.90.10 with no problems recording Spotify apart from an occasional glitch at the start of some tracks.
Regards Alex

maxrenn
11-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Just a message for the Applian staff who'd like to test Spotify : you can create an account here without invitation : https://www.spotify.com/en/get-started/

I don't know if you can access it from the American continent but even in this case you could try a European proxy.

Bye.

Fizzbin
12-01-2009, 08:09 AM
Hi,

I have had problems in the past with Spotify, RM would stop detecting any audio coming from it, I found the problem was that after recording something from youtube or similar site I needed to close the browser tab before I was able to record from Spotify again.

Hope this helps.

Phil

Don Vosper
12-02-2009, 01:08 AM
I am a new user of RM.
Using Vista 64
Downloaded version 3.92.
Everything on the recording side works fine. Very occasionally Spotify will hang part way through a track.
Enabling RM in the firewall appears only to affect the tagging as RM records from the PC sound system. My system recorded ok initially without this. It is Spotify that has to access the internet.
However none of the tracks, apart from isolated track, will autotag.
That might be my choice of music though. :(
Don

DeamonWemon
12-05-2009, 12:49 PM
I am a new user of RM.
Using Vista 64
Downloaded version 3.92.
Everything on the recording side works fine. Very occasionally Spotify will hang part way through a track.
Enabling RM in the firewall appears only to affect the tagging as RM records from the PC sound system. My system recorded ok initially without this. It is Spotify that has to access the internet.
However none of the tracks, apart from isolated track, will autotag.
That might be my choice of music though. :(
Don

I sadly confirm this too.

Was going to buy ReplayMusic this coming Monday too.

maxrenn
12-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Hello, you can tag quickly your unrecognized tracks freely with Winamp.
It uses Gracenote, you play the song, then "view file info" and click on tag or autotag (i haven't used it for a while, i don't remember).
There's also a batch tag procedure (read Winamp's help section).

Bye.

Cheryl Wester
12-06-2009, 12:01 PM
We are not able to test this as we are in the US and they do block us. Please make sure you are using our latest version of the program. Uninstall what you have and reboot first. It does not know the new music and takes about a month for it to be in the database.

DeamonWemon
12-06-2009, 04:21 PM
When Replay music is activated, almost certainly will Spotify hang part way through any track that is being played. (Making me believe that Spotify has found a way to stop any recording programs).

It's as if Spotify is occurring some error making the track pause, or the internet connection just isn't fast enough.

I may try a couple of work arounds though. To see what I can come up with.

I do not care about automated tagging. I prefer to do it myself.

As a side note, Cheryl if I were to buy Replay Music, will I get all subsequent releases of the program? Or do I just buy that particular release?