PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't work well with Napster

oiffer
11-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi, I downloaded the trial version of Replay Music to see how well it works. I tried it with my Napster account. I am finding a couple problems. First, about half of the songs I record, the first second of the song is glitched, and stutters. Second, Replay can't tag any of the files... unrecognized. Even when I try to retag it only found a couple.

In contrast, I tried it with Rhapsody and it worked perfectly. Able to tag everything I was unable to tag from Napster and no stuttering in the songs.

I would prefer to use it with my Napster account since Rhapsody costs more monthly. Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

I am running Windows Vista.

Cheryl Wester
11-08-2009, 08:03 AM
With Napster you need to use the web based version of the program and not the standalone player. This is due to the way they stream and the quality of the music.

oiffer
11-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Tried it with web browser, still can't tag. Managed to find Ray LaMontagne after I told it to tag again but has no idea who Rodrigo Gabriela is. I don't listen to top 40 pop but the stuff I do listen to isn't so obscure that tagging shouldn't work.

Not buying it. Glad it had a demo version for me to try. Saved a few bucks.

carlobee
11-08-2009, 07:45 PM
i'm sorry that had to happen for you. :(

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

davegl
11-09-2009, 06:13 AM
Unless it is a popular song, RM will most likely not tag it.

I would recomend using Winamp for tagging. I get about 90% correct tags. Actually, I use Winamp for the whole process. First, I download the songs to my pc. Then I open RM and start recording, then I open Winamp and start playing the downloaded songs...this way you can mute winamp and do whatever else I want, even listen to other media...

I then open the recorded tracks up in winamp and auto-tag them. I find by recording the downloaded music it is more reliable than recording streaming music.