PDA

View Full Version : Codec when converted to MWV

gremmie
11-05-2009, 02:58 PM
I recorded a presentation using Replay Screencast and then converted it into a wmv file using Replay Converter (I believe I am version 2.8). This all occurred on my Windows XP laptop.

I would like to watch it on my mac and can usually watch most wmv files using flip4mac or VLC. But I am unable to watch this using flip4mac or vlc player. The VLC player says there is no suitable decoder module and it doesn't support the audio or video format MSS2.

Is there any way to watch it on a mac?

Mike Christensen
11-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi,

Replay Screencast records directly to WMV, so not sure why you converted it again to WMV using Replay Converter. Try just playing the WMV file produced by Replay Screencast on your Mac. If that doesn't work, then instead of converting to WMV in Replay Converter, convert to a MPEG-4 file. MPEG-4 files should play fine on your Mac.

Regards,

gremmie
11-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Ah, maybe I thought I converted it. It has been a long time since I actually did the recording. I will try mp4.

carlobee
11-05-2009, 07:59 PM
yeah. i think it would be much better to play mp4 on Macs. just to be sure because that seems to be like their universal file. :D

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg