PDA

View Full Version : Capturing flv file format from livestream.com

Killer37
10-31-2009, 09:55 AM
Sorry for creating another thread, but this isn't really the same as my other one. I captured the live stream that I wanted, but it's not seekable and has a few blips, and as the website has posted the video as an archive, I thought i'd try grabbing it again. This is the specific video in question:

www.livestream.com/foofighters

Now this is a bit odd, because it's a recorded stream being looped live continuously, so it's not like just capturing a file being streamed, it grabs it in realtime, just like a lives stream. Now when i capture and then start the stream, even though the stream might be in the middle, it captures from the start of the file, and the filename given is lots of random letters/numbers.MP4 and some more numbers. However when it saves, it's FLV.

So what is happening here? Are they streaming an MP4 as Flash video live? If so, is there anyway I can get that source MP4 video?

Killer37
10-31-2009, 10:44 AM
Looking at the properties in RMC, it gives the following:

Downloading RTMP stream COMPLETE:
RTMP Application: rtmp://cakyeccm.od.livestream-api.com/mogulusProxy
Media Path: mp4:dv07/mogulus-user-files/chfoofighters/2009/10/30/a58a21b2-e52a-4540-998f-25d57ad6ec72.mp4
Audio Received: 116958 kb.
Video Received: 365999 kb.

Any idea if i'll be able to get that MP4?

stream-recorder.com
10-31-2009, 12:43 PM
You don't lose any quality when downloading flash videos with RMC. If you want to convert downloaded FLV files to MP4 files without losing any quality, you can use FLV Extract and MP4Box GUI.

Killer37
10-31-2009, 01:28 PM
You don't lose any quality when downloading flash videos with RMC. If you want to convert downloaded FLV files to MP4 files without losing any quality, you can use FLV Extract and MP4Box GUI.

Yeah I know that, I was meaning trying to capture the original MP4 file that seems to be the source of the FLV stream. But i've found out that isn't going to happen, because it's hosted on the Amazon AWS S3 servers, which you need authentication to access anything on them directly.