PDA

View Full Version : Replay Media Catcher not extracting AAC from BBC radio with the correct bitrate

PeterS
10-30-2009, 05:12 PM
Hi,

I am evaluating the Replay media Capture. I want to capture a live BBC radio 3 stream at its true bitrate and codec ( I understand this to be 192 aac stream on iPlayer. ) I capure 5 mins of live broadcast, then I select tools and converter. I choose Mp4 same quality option. However the audio file generated is only 64 bits. What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance

Peter

stream-recorder.com
10-31-2009, 04:37 AM
You can extract AAC tracks from .FLV files downloaded with Replay Media Catcher with freeware FLV Extract.

PeterS
10-31-2009, 06:20 PM
Thank you for the info, it works a treat.

However I would like to import special captures to iTunes. So I need to extract to a ma4 file. I have a mac and found iExtractmp3, and it seems to do this, however I am wondering if I would lose quality from my original capture?

My next question -- Is it possible to set a time or schedule to start a capture?

Many thanks

Peter

stream-recorder.com
11-01-2009, 12:09 AM
However I would like to import special captures to iTunes. So I need to extract to a ma4 file.
The easiest way to convert FLV files to M4A files is by using a converter like the one that RMC has. The problem is that you lose some quality when converting FLV to M4A.

If you need a lossless method, you can suggest a new feature (https://forum.applian.com//forumdisplay.php?f=22). You can also try the following:
1. extract .AAC files with freeware FLV Extract
2. then use MP4Box GUI to and create .MP4 files from your .AAC files.
3. just rename .MP4 files to either .M4A or .M4B and use them in iTunes or on your iPod.

It is probably better to lose some quality in most cases ;)

Is it possible to set a time or schedule to start a capture?
Do you need RTMP support in Replay AV and/or scheduling support in Replay Media Catcher? Vote and tell us your opinion.

stream-recorder.com
01-04-2011, 04:21 AM
Replay Media Catcher 4 has several audio extraction presets allowing to extract MP3 and AAC tracks from BBC .flv audio only files as well as other FLV/MP4 video files losslessly:
- Audio Extraction (Extract AAC to M4A)
- Audio Extraction (Extract AAC to M4B)
- Audio Extraction (Extract MP3 to MP3)

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3606/replaymediacatcheraudio.jpg

MP3, M4A, M4B formats are supported by iPod and many other portable players, so in many cases you can avoid conversion and get the best quality.